engine sounds funny

Bandit

could your domes be like that just from lead deposets? since you have your head off check and see is your piston in loose in the cyilender

Listen, fi you have pitting on the top of the piston that looks like sand blasting or a similar appearance on the head, you have detonation and like I said, when the motor calls for 110, you use 110. You should have don't a comp test because this would have told me what I already know. The noise your hear is most likely ping and it will kill that motor in short order. The crack looking vanes you saw in the dome are actually fuel additive deposits and do not contribute a problem. These additives do not burn during the combustion process thus they like to stick to things. Those vanes not an indicator of trouble but pits ARE!

You can either rechamber that head to displace more or run the better fuel. Actually if you would do a comp test, I can tell you if you can get away with just a 50/50 blend. You might want to check those rings in the piston about now. They like to seize to the piston which is never a good thing.