FMF SST Exhaust

BeemerGee

My Banshee came with fmf powercore2 silencers, now i have baught sst pipes, the silencers dont fit, can i cut the extra pipe on the silencers to fit or is there a big difference on the sst powercore2 silencers? What is the main difference, is it only lengh?

I dont want to spend unnecessary.

I dont know what you'll end up doing, but if you need any dimensions I have a set of sst silencers. Im sure along with the length there will be some bends to deal with.

Thank you, can you give me the lengh of your sst silencers, will really help.

From the look of it, if i shorten the silencer, there is no bending required. I just hope it ill work well together, that the silencers are the same, no special advance in sst silencers compared to non sst powercore2 silencers.

The only difference is the length, otherwise, it's exactly the same silencer as the powercores. I used to run Powercores, now I have SSTs, which is the only reason I know. You can just cut them to fit, and save bout 200 or so, but keep in mind you have to re-use the flange on the silencer side.

The only difference is the length, otherwise, it's exactly the same silencer as the powercores. I used to run Powercores, now I have SSTs, which is the only reason I know. You can just cut them to fit, and save bout 200 or so, but keep in mind you have to re-use the flange on the silencer side.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

Jst one more question? The sst pipes, the front left pipe is touching the engine head and frame bolt and the right side is touching the coolant pipe to radiator. Are they like this? I'm taking the left one back, they brand new.

Jst one more question? The sst pipes, the front left pipe is touching the engine head and frame bolt and the right side is touching the coolant pipe to radiator. Are they like this? I'm taking the left one back, they brand new.

Yeah, it definately should not be touching the head or frame, either the pipe was manufactured incorrectly or you have some serious farme bending. Couldn't tell you which without looking at the bike. But it's most likely the pipe.

Just bend the radiator hose out of the way, they are made to withstand a lot of heat from the coolant flowing through them, but you might melt it eventually.

Yeah, it definately should not be touching the head or frame, either the pipe was manufactured incorrectly or you have some serious farme bending. Couldn't tell you which without looking at the bike. But it's most likely the pipe.

Just bend the radiator hose out of the way, they are made to withstand a lot of heat from the coolant flowing through them, but you might melt it eventually.

Cool, thanks a million.