Help needed in bike set up

bansheerabbit

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up my 07 banshee as a asphalt drag shee.

I have no started the engine since full rebuild - 64mm pistons (wisco) ported cyclinders, std stroke Hot rods crank, lockup clutch (rest in signature)

I have Nitrous and would like to run on alky. 39mm PWK carbies (use bike between 0-600 feet) temp 65-80

What size jetting should i use for the above set up? What alky oil ratio?

Also on cars you need to enlarge ring gap when running alky and nitrous is it the same with banshee's?

Also any other info on how to set bike up would be greatly appreciated i.e suspension etc etc. Have state titles in 4 weeks so i would to go out and kick some butt!

Thak you very much

Cheers

Rabbit

Hi All,

I am in the process of setting up my 07 banshee as a asphalt drag shee.

I have no started the engine since full rebuild - 64mm pistons (wisco) ported cyclinders, std stroke Hot rods crank, lockup clutch (rest in signature)

I have Nitrous and would like to run on alky. 39mm PWK carbies (use bike between 0-600 feet) temp 65-80

What size jetting should i use for the above set up? What alky oil ratio?

Also on cars you need to enlarge ring gap when running alky and nitrous is it the same with banshee's?

Also any other info on how to set bike up would be greatly appreciated i.e suspension etc etc. Have state titles in 4 weeks so i would to go out and kick some butt!

Thak you very much

Cheers

Rabbit

with alcohol we mix klotz at 40:1, depending on the motor set up the main/dump tube in the carb should be around a .110-.116 the power jets would just depend on the type used.. the ring gap on the two strokes isnt usually widened like they would on 4 strokes.. the compression is controled mainly through the head/dome design, for an asphalt bike i probably wouldnt run more than 150 or psi..

for your suspension you could get some struts or marvin shaws and drop it to the ground.. you probably also want to get a much shorter arm for asphalt.. maybe a 4-6 over.. thats 12 is going make you spin soo much out of the hole.. also i would consider getting some american racers or hoosiers and getting a wheelie bar..

hope this helps you out..

Edited by lowriderb

Good tires are really important.Just be careful when launching on vht.The banshee I had hooked so hard I crashed it.A small back rest may be a good idea.These bikes can be a handful to hold onto.

"Always wear a helmet".I was wearing a chest protector,and it probably kept me from ending up with a broken collar bone.Some leathers like the crotch rocket guys wear may also be a good idea.

You might want to check with some of the builders on here because on pwk's your dump should be drilled probably at least 120. You will have to drill your mains and if you drill your tubes at say 110 that would limit you to a 110 main jet. No matter how much you drill your main jets out your carbs will still only flow what the tubes will allow. If you plan on spraying the bike you will have to decide whether you want to spray it with alcohol or gas. Gas is more efficient and if that is what you choose you will need to find a spot for another fuel tank to hold the gas. I am not an asphalt racer but on a pass that long I would be afraid of running the carbs dry also. I am sure their are some asphalt racers on here that can help you out.