banshee wont start

xsinnerx

96 banshee with tr-6 pipes, tors removed, k&n filter with outer wear. new top and bottom end 6 months ago, banshee ran fine till now. went riding saturday, got to our riding place and throttle was sticking so i chased down the the throttle cable looking for any tight bends on the cable didnt find anything wrong, kept hitting thumb throttle for a few minutes and throttle stopped sticking, rode the bike for a few hours and everything seemed fine. when we were finished riding i unloaded the bike to park in the garage and tried to start it to ride it in the garage it wouldnt start, was too tired to mess with it at that point so i just pushed it in. I planned on going out again this weekend so i decided to make sure it would start and it wouldnt, i changed the plugs thinkin maybe i fouled them and still wouldnt start, checked fuel hose right after it tee's and connects to the carbs and i had good flow, pulled spark plugs out to see if i was getting spark and both plugs were giving a nice blue arc. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Make sure the choke tube is connected to both carbs.

looked at that also, checked out fine, looks like i'm gonna have to tear into the carbs, was hoping i wouldnt have to, I have never done it before, this is the first bike i have ever owned and needless to say i have never worked on one, been reading my clymers book on the carbs, any tips for a rookie????

I'm pretty sure its the carbs, open the carbs, shoot break cleaner & compressed air to every holes you find, put em' back together.., clean your air filter since it is probably the reason why your carbs are dirty... 99% your bike will start ;)

Chris

ok, i'm gonna give it a go tomorrow after i get home from work, ............ do i need to remove all of the jets or can i leave any in? sorry if thats a dumb question but not sure if i need to completly dissassemble the carbs like the clymer shows.

ok, i'm gonna give it a go tomorrow after i get home from work, ............ do i need to remove all of the jets or can i leave any in? sorry if thats a dumb question but not sure if i need to completly dissassemble the carbs like the clymer shows.

I would say leave all the jets in to start with, just pop off the float bowls and go nuts with the carbn cleaner. Put it back together and try starting it. If that doesn't do it, then you probably need to pull the jets. :thumbsup:

do one carb at a time so you have a reference on how to put it back together slide in right way. check the float heights too after you clean and put them back in 21mm. and use new bowl gaskets. spray em out in every possible hole n direction with carb cleaner then blow em out really well with air. Then when you put them back on the bike make sure the slides open in sync.

got the bike to start, i pulled the carbs and gave them a good cleaning with carb cleaner and air , put them back together and tried kicking it with no luck, decieded to try and push start it, started right up, i let it warm up for a while rode it for about 5 minutes then let it sit for a few hours to cool off. after it had cooled off, i kicked it over and started up on first kick everytime.