Any Banshee Builders In or Around the Temecula California Area?

xLastShotx

Hello, I have been working to get my Banshee running for quite some time now but I haven't been able to get the darn thing to spark. I need to know if there is anyone in or around Temecula California that can fix my Banshee? Does anyone know of any good shops in or around Temecula that specialize in repairing Banshee's??

Hello, I have been working to get my Banshee running for quite some time now but I haven't been able to get the darn thing to spark. I need to know if there is anyone in or around Temecula California that can fix my Banshee? Does anyone know of any good shops in or around Temecula that specialize in repairing Banshee's??

I think Alba Action is in San Diego county, also Herr Juggs Racing. I think Herr does porting but don't know if he does repairs.

http://www.albaaction.com/

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/

Hope that helps. I suggest to list your problem here in another thread and I'm pretty sure some will be able to help. i don't believe in taking my shee to a shop.

unless you like getting raped and having shity service id stay away from alba...

in temecula there should be a ton of places to help you out... start by telling us some back ground on the bike and mods we might be able to help you get it going without spending a fortune at a stealership

I think Alba Action is in San Diego county, also Herr Juggs Racing. I think Herr does porting but don't know if he does repairs.

http://www.albaaction.com/

http://www.herrjugsracing.com/

Hope that helps. I suggest to list your problem here in another thread and I'm pretty sure some will be able to help. i don't believe in taking my shee to a shop.

Stay the hell away from Alba!

If you don't mind a little drive to Anaheim, that's where Trinity is located. Alot of folks will say they are crappy too for one reason or another, but I have always had good luck with them. Granted, I have only dealt with them since I moved to SoCal and it's always been in person. They have also never done any work for me. I have only bought stuff from them. However, I know a few people that have had their bikes worked on there and they have been pretty happy.

On the other side of the coin, if you were to buy a guy a beer or two, I might be willing to see if I could help you out. :thumbsup:

Basically there is no spark. The coil is new, the wiring harness is new, the stator is new (200 watt Ricky Stator with Timing Plate). T.O.R.S. is removed. The Parking brake is still there but there is no electrical wire coming off of it, I don't think 89's had a wire coming off it. all the points were it grounds to the frame have been sanded to bare metal. I have no Key, but the key wires are crossed which is what I read to do. I just got it back from a shop called Rancho Motor sports, they installed all the new parts listed above but they couldn't get it to work and frankly I don't trust there work at all now. I don't have the tools or the knowledge of how to test the electrical system, which makes it impossible for me to tell what the problem is.

Basically there is no spark. The coil is new, the wiring harness is new, the stator is new (200 watt Ricky Stator with Timing Plate). T.O.R.S. is removed. The Parking brake is still there but there is no electrical wire coming off of it, I don't think 89's had a wire coming off it. all the points were it grounds to the frame have been sanded to bare metal. I have no Key, but the key wires are crossed which is what I read to do. I just got it back from a shop called Rancho Motor sports, they installed all the new parts listed above but they couldn't get it to work and frankly I don't trust there work at all now. I don't have the tools or the knowledge of how to test the electrical system, which makes it impossible for me to tell what the problem is.

ted at mission yamaha........right off the 5 freeway, he will fix it port what ever you want

ted at mission yamaha........right off the 5 freeway, he will fix it port what ever you want

The folks at Mission are good people. :thumbsup:

I live right down the road from them and have spent way too much money there. I have not ever had any work done there though. If you are going to make the trip to Mission, you ought to swing by my place and I coulld see if I could give you a hand.

Well I brought my bike down to RATBIKE0130 house and he looked over it and fixed a few issues. He determined that the CDI was the problem because he tested all the wires and fixed anything that was wrong and it still wouldn't fire so the only thing it could have been was the CDI. I ordered a stock one from Ricky Stator and it should be here in 2 days :confused: . I ended up stopping by a San Diego Yamaha dealer and brought a few more things. I got:

ModQuad parking brake block off plate.

After market Clutch lever and Perch.

Renthal front sprocket.

JT rear sprocket

DID 520 X-Ring chain.

and a bunch of misc. gaskets and bearings.

I put together everything today now I am just waiting on the CDI, I really hope that fixes it I am dying to get on my Banshee again. Oh and I made some custom Lexan splash guards for the air filters which came out awesome, I will get some pictures of that soon if anyones interested in seeing them. I have one problem though after rebuilding the clutch and putting the heavy duty springs and putting on the after market clutch lever it is extremely hard to pull in the clutch lever. Theres got to be a way to solve this problem, I want to keep all the heavy duty clutch springs for maximum power to tires. I saw the Moose Racing Easy Pull Clutch System and was wondering how well this works? Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Two thumbs up for RATBIKE0130 :thumbsup::thumbsup: he did a great job .

Hey Matt,

Did you get the water pump bearing pressed in? Let me know when you get that bike fired up.

Your clutch really doesn't need the heavy springs. With the stock porting and semi low compression on your bike in combination of the stock pipes really makes heavy springs not neccessary. Oh and that shorty lever isn't making the clutch pull any easier. You could always try to move the lever closer to the grip and shift the switches on the other side of the perch. Always remember that if the throttle gets stuck your going to have a harder time reaching the kill switch though.

Before you ride your bike make sure you double check all the nuts and bolts on your bike. I noticed that your front lug nuts were loose and you don't want a wheel coming off at any speed.

If you need help with anything let me know.