Getting Started!

hey, i got a quick question, i got a 96 banshee with .040 wiseco pistons, and boost bootle, there is a few other mods, but nothing crazy. i hear a lot of guys talking about how their banshee's start on the first kick, when mine has been sitting i have to kick it 5-15 times before it fires, then it runs like a stripped ass ape, no problem at idle after its warm, it just doen't what to start on the first kick, what can i do to get it to start easier? any ideas.(or is it cuz its cold out)

hey, i got a quick question, i got a 96 banshee with .040 wiseco pistons, and boost bootle, there is a few other mods, but nothing crazy. i hear a lot of guys talking about how their banshee's start on the first kick, when mine has been sitting i have to kick it 5-15 times before it fires, then it runs like a stripped ass ape, no problem at idle after its warm, it just doen't what to start on the first kick, what can i do to get it to start easier? any ideas.(or is it cuz its cold out)

Check the compresion !!!!! :confused:

IT could be low compression and top end rebuild time. or the wrong main jets or maybe jus need to change the screws on the carbs. What are all the mods you have and where do you have your air/fuel screws set at?

The compression feels real good, like the day i bought it, and its has never lost a bit of powe, it still pulls like a damn semi.(just faster) :biggrin: well, it has the dmc 916 exhaust, wiseco .040 pistons, white bro boost bottle.. prodesign foam filters, and some clutch work. not much to the engine. i boght it this way, the only thing i have done is the clutches, it has been like this sense i bought it from the guy(not wanting to start right up).. they guy didn't know much about banshees( he just knew it was too much for him) so i have no idea what jets are in it or where the idle screws are set..

now would be in ideal time to pull the carbs off and tear them apart, clean em up real good, write down youre jetting info and put them back together. you need the jetting info so you can have a baseline to start with. it could be something as simple as a tweek on the pilot jet, or as complex as a jetting change (isnt very complex actually).

if you get the idle jet dialed in right, you can start that shit on 1st kick every time. my banshee can sit for months at a time and it will start on the first kick 90% of the time, and if it doesnt start on first kick it will start on second 100% of the time.

From what I experienced its really about the tempature. In the spring and summer from sitting for a while it starts 1-2 kicks. In the winter even with rejeting for the cold it still takes 3-4 kicks to start. Once warmed up it will start on the first kick.

Its plain and simple 2 stokes don't like cold weather.