Question About My Front Pipe...

White06Shee

me too , those stock hangers are shit . just bought a set of aftermarket billet hangers off ebay , i will let you know how they work out .

the rubber on my stock ones always spilt , the last time i drilled a hole through them and put a bolt to hold them together , worked pretty good.

Edited by woodro77

Personally, I would rather have the stock hangers break since they have a little flex, then have my pipe break out since aftermarket ones done have any flex to them. I am getting rid of my RIS design hangers and getting stock ones for mine.

just wondering what u guys think of maybe puttin a bigger rubber piece on the stock ones with longer bolts so u don't have to have them nylon spacers, or i was maybe thinking od making some of my own. i hate how them small bore pipes mount. i talked to shearer cause i have them and he said he is going to make a new jig so they wont hit. i know ur talking about cpi's but they both have the same problem.

Just get a set of toomey's. They are a much better pipe anyways. They fit better, they sound better, you can get to the spark plugs better, they don't break hangers as much, they look better..Need I say more? :thumbsup:

Just get a set of toomey's. They are a much better pipe anyways. They fit better, they sound better, you can get to the spark plugs better, they don't break hangers as much, they look better..Need I say more? :thumbsup:

That's an interesting opinion? Why do you think that Toomey's are a better pipe? :unsure:

CPIs look so much better than toomeys.And I think they sound better.I used to have CPIs and I seriously would just take off my pipes to change the sparkplugs.even tho I only changed them once since I got them.I have shearers now

CPIs look so much better than toomeys.And I think they sound better.I used to have CPIs and I seriously would just take off my pipes to change the sparkplugs.even tho I only changed them once since I got them.I have shearers now

I never broke any with my CPI's either, but I have heard some people have got their hands on some that did not fit very well. I can change the spark plugs on my bike without removing the pipes. It's not hard, you just have to take a little more time doing it. :biggrin:

Ahh The GREAT Debate rages on!

Quite simple are my reasons for prefering Toomey's. My T-5's are like 6 years old. They fit very well and they last plus you can get to the spark plugs very easily with no real effort at all. The mufflers are very easy to repack. It's a very well thought out product. :thumbsup:

It's very easy to overlook spark plug access when considering a pipe. But, when you are jetting your engine for performance or doing routine maintainence..it helps. Sometimes I find myself pulling plugs 3-4 times during a race event just to make shure I'm jetted right.

I would however recomend that whatever pipe you get, spend the extra cash and get it chromed. I have made that mistake.

Also let's not forget mention that Toomey's make great power to boot! If not the best power curve of any pipe.

Ahh The GREAT Debate rages on!

Quite simple are my reasons for prefering Toomey's. My T-5's are like 6 years old. They fit very well and they last plus you can get to the spark plugs very easily with no real effort at all. The mufflers are very easy to repack. It's a very well thought out product. :thumbsup:

It's very easy to overlook spark plug access when considering a pipe. But, when you are jetting your engine for performance or doing routine maintainence..it helps. Sometimes I find myself pulling plugs 3-4 times during a race event just to make shure I'm jetted right.

I would however recomend that whatever pipe you get, spend the extra cash and get it chromed. I have made that mistake.

Also let's not forget mention that Toomey's make great power to boot! If not the best power curve of any pipe.

Making a broad statement like "Toomey's are the best pipe" is pretty hard for me to swallow. It really depends on your application. If you were trail riding an FMF Gnarly might be better. If you are duning or dragging the CPI's, Shearer's, etc. might be better.

I personally love the sound of Toomey's, but with what I do with my red bike, they can't compare to CPI's.

Suggesting what you did to someone, might mislead them by not presenting the information in a way that allows others to learn and make their own decision. Of course that's just my own opinion and I will get off my soap box now. :thumbsup: