dyna tek

bigdaddy69

Just wondering if the Dyna Tek CDI's are worth the money? How big of a gain do you really notice? Whats the best feature? Just chime in and give your $.02.

On your bike with mods in your sig, none...you have other stuff to buy before a $300 ignition.

Once you start to get into heavy mods, being able to adjust your timing...or program it for that matter, becomes a nice feature.

IF you get into heavy drag racing, a tach output, launch limiter, and stuff like that is nice to have too.

Just wondering if the Dyna Tek CDI's are worth the money? How big of a gain do you really notice? Whats the best feature? Just chime in and give your $.02.

It's definitely worth it. Do a search on this topic, this has been brought up a bunch. The best feature for me is that I can plug my laptop into it and do whatever I want with the timing curves. :thumbsup:

On your bike with mods in your sig, none...you have other stuff to buy before a $300 ignition.

Once you start to get into heavy mods, being able to adjust your timing...or program it for that matter, becomes a nice feature.

IF you get into heavy drag racing, a tach output, launch limiter, and stuff like that is nice to have too.

the dyna for a banshee doesnt come with a launch limiter, thats only on rpators yfz450 warrior and preditor

It's definitely worth it. Do a search on this topic, this has been brought up a bunch. The best feature for me is that I can plug my laptop into it and do whatever I want with the timing curves. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the cable and software are another 100 bucks, and you need a dyno OR a lot of room to ride to see if the adjusments you just made were better or worse.

the dyna for a banshee doesnt come with a launch limiter, thats only on rpators yfz450 warrior and preditor

I'm going to check into that...I"m pretty sure they do....and you can program it to use a switch on the clutch, etc....

Yep...you're right. It's an item that you can by from Dyna that will work as a launch limiter and a switch on the clutch from Pingel.

From Dyna, the launch limiter is part number # DRL300

Sorry for the confuse...:)

If you get the programming kit, then the Dyna cdi will work as a launch limiter- just type in the rpm & its set ... it stutters the ignition through the Parking Brake limiting wire that is factory on all yamaha atvs ... but if you do decide to get the seperate launch limiter that you can adjust with a dial - make sure it is the DRL300-CDI or it wont work with a banshee.

If you get the programming kit, then the Dyna cdi will work as a launch limiter- just type in the rpm & its set ... it stutters the ignition through the Parking Brake limiting wire that is factory on all yamaha atvs ... but if you do decide to get the seperate launch limiter that you can adjust with a dial - make sure it is the DRL300-CDI or it wont work with a banshee.

Beat me to it. :thanks:

That's what I thought...but I couldn't find any documentation (in a quick 5 second search) to back that up...

Thanks!

It's a great performance upgrade if your stock CDI craps out...plus it's cheaper then factory OEM or the bullshit GYTR cdi that yamaha markets.

You don't need the software. I have one and I keep it on stock curve. I tried the other settings, but I didn't really notice a difference. But you do have to set your bike back to the factory timing.

You don't need the software. I have one and I keep it on stock curve. I tried the other settings, but I didn't really notice a difference. But you do have to set your bike back to the factory timing.

You will definitely notice a difference if you have some motor work done and understand the difference between the timning curves. :thumbsup:

What's a timing curve? Is that like a powerband? I bought a pink powerband to put on my bike..the dealer said it's better then stock. :biggrin:

Just kidding!

I could squeeze some more ponies out of my motor, but I'm a little old school.. I just tweaked my timing plate a few degrees and did a seat in pants evaluation. I'd love to get my motor on some diagnostics program and dyno it. I found that it ran better with the stock curve setting. All the others had some abnormalities..whether in idle or at WOT. However there was a VAST improvement over the stock CDI.

What's a timing curve? Is that like a powerband? I bought a pink powerband to put on my bike..the dealer said it's better then stock. :biggrin:

Just kidding!

I could squeeze some more ponies out of my motor, but I'm a little old school.. I just tweaked my timing plate a few degrees and did a seat in pants evaluation. I'd love to get my motor on some diagnostics program and dyno it. I found that it ran better with the stock curve setting. All the others had some abnormalities..whether in idle or at WOT. However there was a VAST improvement over the stock CDI.

I wasn't knocking the stock timing curve. In many cases, it's what is best for the motor.

The pink powerband is hot! The big question is....................where did you put?