Glamis Presidents Day Weekend.

SoCalinIt

I'm running 14/46. I think it was over reving up the hill, i need to add some to the rear.

I should know about heading out this weekend tommorow.

Whats the gearing for you on your 4 mil?

Also what is your timing set at?

If it helps I'm 200lbs.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my gearing is 14/40. it does pretty good for flats but i think it could do better. i need to figure out gearing for olds. Go up in the rear you mean to something lower than a 46? My timing is set a +7 and im around 220 and it takes off in 2nd pretty easy with my gearing.

When you say Indian School, how do you get there? I've only been down by the bridge. If my uncle backs out on our Glamis trip today, I'll try and make it to Hassayampa on Sunday. What is a good time to head out there?

Dude. we need to meet up at hassayampa, i'm most likley positive that im going this sunday. You do know where to go right. not below the bridge but at indian school. Also what is you gearing for olds?
Edited by phxrider

Those directions are perfect. You cannnot miss it.

I feel like my gearing wasnt enough, almost like it was over reving. To add teeth in the rear should give me more top end so i dont ref out. It feels like it is going to blow up when pinned in 5th up olds.

What was you jetting for Glamis.

And what lenght swinger are you running?

my jetting was 150 mains, 68 pilot, i think its a dk needle with the position being the 3 from top. its still was rich for me. I thought going higher in the rear meant more bottom, sacrifising some up top? My swingarm lenght is a +6. but i will be going to a +8 sometime soon. Hmm i wonder gearing i should run for hassayampa.

r/atvshee,

What size carbs and what pipes are you running? I have a similiar set-up that I have been trying to get dialed in.

421 Cheetah powervalve, 34 Keihens, CPI`s, +7 timing, 14/41 gearing, I had 165 mains in when I got it, just went to 160 mains which improved it. I did not want to go too lean?? I guess I will try smaller mains. It pulls hard to 3/4 throttle and flattens out? It seems like once you hit full throttle you got to let off to 3/4 to keep RPM`S up strong?

Thanks,

Docbones

Edited by docbones