TCS SHOCKS

I used to have a set on the Blaster I raced a few years ago. Mine were the older style with Works bodies, the new ones use Elka bodies. They were pretty decent shocks, but I think there are better out there.

I have a good friend that races A class in MX and Cross Country and he demands great suspension and has ridden on everything except Axis and ishocks. He seems to really be able to give great feedback on the performance of suspension. So I'll give his opinion on the matter. He says that by far the best he's used are PEP ZPS. He says none of the other shocks compare in performance. However, he also says customer service at PEP sucks big time, and it takes forever to get the shocks. He says he will try Axis next, because of the service issue at PEP.

thinking of ordering a set of TCS 0 pre-load trip. rates w/remote rezzies

any info on them would be great :thumbsup:

thanx

Dan :thumbsup:

Call Todd and tell him what you ride and he will set you up. I thought when I was looking that I wanted the zero preload, but after talking to him about my riding style he said that's not what I wanted. I have to admit I was kinda skeptical but I went with it. All I can say is I am EXTREMELY happy with my setup. I haven't rode on a Banshee with anything else so I can't say it's better/worse than anything else out there, but I can say that I am VERY happy with what I got.

I used to have a set on the Blaster I raced a few years ago. Mine were the older style with Works bodies, the new ones use Elka bodies. They were pretty decent shocks, but I think there are better out there.

BULLSHIT. TCS does not use other shock bodies.

As far as the rest of your post, I've heard good things about PEP, but I haven't rode anything with them so I can't say one way or another.

Edited by dave95.1

Call Todd and tell him what you ride and he will set you up. I thought when I was looking that I wanted the zero preload, but after talking to him about my riding style he said that's not what I wanted. I have to admit I was kinda skeptical but I went with it. All I can say is I am EXTREMELY happy with my setup. I haven't rode on a Banshee with anything else so I can't say it's better/worse than anything else out there, but I can say that I am VERY happy with what I got.

As far as the rest of your post, I've heard good things about PEP, but I haven't rode anything with them so I can't say one way or another.

I agree. TCS does not use other people's bodies anymore. They used to use works bodies a long time ago. WHoever said they use Elka bodies apparently hasn't seen one shock or the other, ever, or they need to works towards only smoking one rock a day.

I have a TCS reworked YZF450 front and a reworked stock rear. It rides better than several of my friends high end Elka shocked bikes. I have riddes Ohlins and Axis shocked bikes that were a little better than mine.

PEP stuck sucks. I had two different sets of their shocks. Both were poor quality and performed poorly. Customer service was ok though if you don't mind have your bike down for months at a time while someone on their end calls you with a weekly excuse for you as to why their shocks didn't work, or why they aren't done yet, or how they may have lost them. :shoothead:

I don't run either one but last trip to Dumont this guy had two Banshee's with same mods except for the shocks. One Banshee running TCS, the other Banshee running Elkas. We talked about his performance mods etc.. The question came down to the shocks.. He chose TCS over Elkas and said TCS was way better..

I may be wrong about the newer TCS shocks using Elka bodies, but I know for a fact that the old style used Works bodies.PEP shocks also used Works bodies. I just looked at the TCS site and if I am remembering things correctly, they look different than a couple years ago. I still believe they used Elka bodies for a while when Elka first came out with atv shocks. That is not saying they are junk or anything...the performance of them was much better than Works.

I may be wrong about the newer TCS shocks using Elka bodies, but I know for a fact that the old style used Works bodies.PEP shocks also used Works bodies. I just looked at the TCS site and if I am remembering things correctly, they look different than a couple years ago. I still believe they used Elka bodies for a while when Elka first came out with atv shocks. That is not saying they are junk or anything...the performance of them was much better than Works.

The part of your statement about the Works bodies is correct. The part of your statement about the Elka bodies is just plain wrong. First of all look at an Elka shock, then look at a TCS shock.................surprise, they don't look anything alike. Past that, I have been to the TCS shop out in Lake Elsinore and I could them manufacturing their own bodies. :shoothead:

Edited by FireHead