KP Sand Dunes

BigRed350x

If you need some help with $$ to get down here, I would help a fellow HQ'er out, just to ride with ya! Let me know... I got no problem sendin ya some gas money through paypal to get you down here riding with us!

- Jared

Mapquest says 836 miles. My motorhome gets 6 mpg, so that would be about $600 round trip just in fuel. And count the time off work and everyting else we'll just call it $2000. You gonna cover that??? hahahahah. Just kidding man. If my plans work out right, I'll be moving to Seattle next summer for work. Along the moving path I'd like to stop at St. Anthony and LS Utah on the way there. If I can work that out, your place would just be a stop along the way.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I do make it my rear fenders WILL NOT be cut.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71748

Edited by dave95.1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mapquest says 836 miles. My motorhome gets 6 mpg, so that would be about $600 round trip just in fuel. And count the time off work and everyting else we'll just call it $2000. You gonna cover that??? hahahahah. Just kidding man. If my plans work out right, I'll be moving to Seattle next summer for work. Along the moving path I'd like to stop at St. Anthony and LS Utah on the way there. If I can work that out, your place would just be a stop along the way.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if I do make it my rear fenders WILL NOT be cut.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71748

LOL! You crack me up dave.

If you guys can set a firm weekend for the ride I would be in...Bring a couple of people from western colorado and two cousins from rock springs.....My motor should be dialed by then.....dave

Right now its looking like July 6,7,8 OR July 13, 14, 15

July 4 falls on a wednesday this year, so maybe people could make it out the weekend after july 4 on some vacation time if they needed some days off. LOL

I will be out there at KP riding that whole week, and that weekend.

I would say July 13, 14, 15. The earlier week is pretty close to the big 4 of july holiday. Dont make this decision on me but just seem like the 6,7,8 wouldnt be as good since the 4th is on a wensday.

josh

I was figuring that weekend since people would probably take the 4th, and rest of the week off, then the weekend, then go home sunday. Would give lots of time to ride...

I haven't really gotton any other offers for dates that would work besides a few... dunno what it will be yet.

The normal parking areas and places designated as "camping" areas at KP would suck with a tent, but I would be more than happy to hook you up with one of the spots I know of that would get you out of the wind. and away from people if you want. The main parking areas are only semi decent for campers and trailers and stuff. I have a few places I've found where I like to camp in my tent or just sleep in the back of my truck sometimes in the summer.

If you need, you can crash at my place if you want to stay indoors some place. I will probably just drive out to the dunes and ride each day since I live a half hour away. Plus I really enjoy a hot shower at the end of the day. LOL!

- Jared

What about camping out in an enclosed trailer? I have some of my buddies talked into it i think but they ride four strokes :shoothead: I will let you know for sure man

You can stay in an enclosed trailer up there. Thats what im going to be doing. Also we are going to have 3 four strokes up there so its no biggie as far as im concerned. :)

What about camping out in an enclosed trailer? I have some of my buddies talked into it i think but they ride four strokes :shoothead: I will let you know for sure man

You won't have any trouble sleeping in an enclosed trailer,that's what rick and I do most nights out there. I crash in a sleeping bag and he carries a couch with a fold out bed on it. works pretty good. But yeah... camping in an enclosed trailer would work fine for you.

- Jared

I might be in.....dont know yet for sure though, I dont want to go by myself and all my friends ride dirt bikes....weekend after the 4th would work great for me, my dad owns a packaged ice company and the 4th is our biggest weekend of the entire year so I have no choice I have to work the 4th....yea I know it sucks but thats life. If everything works out as planned I want to buy my father his own shee soon. He used to ride a warrior, bought one when they first came out but was forced to sell it because he had me and had to fund his business....hopefully I will be able to go.

I might be in.....dont know yet for sure though, I dont want to go by myself and all my friends ride dirt bikes....weekend after the 4th would work great for me, my dad owns a packaged ice company and the 4th is our biggest weekend of the entire year so I have no choice I have to work the 4th....yea I know it sucks but thats life. If everything works out as planned I want to buy my father his own shee soon. He used to ride a warrior, bought one when they first came out but was forced to sell it because he had me and had to fund his business....hopefully I will be able to go.

You wouldn't be going alone... we would be there riding with ya! :biggrin: Dirtbikers have just as much fun as us out there at KP. PLENTY of places for them to jump BIG if that's what they are into.

yea but my friends are pussies and bitch about riding in the sand around here, i could only imagine them riding some dunes

They only bitch because they haven't been to real dunes. Tell them to throw an extra tampon in their backpack and come ride with you.

- Jared