prescription goggles

gooberff

Does anyone use prescription goggles and if so what is your opinion. I wear my glasses under scott otg goggles and have not had any problems except for the hassle of putting them on.

I've found 2 sites that make them provue.com and 888rxgoggles.com.

my friend used them and he liked them , but when we were out ridding he had to keep his googles on all the time to see , even when we stopped to take a brake , he ordered his out of the back of motorcross action mag

my friend used them and he liked them , but when we were out ridding he had to keep his googles on all the time to see , even when we stopped to take a brake , he ordered his out of the back of motorcross action mag

Does he not own a traditional pair of prescription eyewear such as glasses or contact lenses? Usually an old pair exists that will suffice. There has to be a way to safely pack them while riding for use when you stop to take a break.

No doubt his vision impairment extends outside of the ATV riding experience. What does he do when he isn't riding? Surely he doesn't walk around with the goggles on constantly.

Does he not own a traditional pair of prescription eyewear such as glasses or contact lenses? Usually an old pair exists that will suffice. There has to be a way to safely pack them while riding for use when you stop to take a break.

No doubt his vision impairment extends outside of the ATV riding experience. What does he do when he isn't riding? Surely he doesn't walk around with the goggles on constantly.

the whole thing is carrying glasses with you riding sucks, i wear contacts and never had a problem,

no he does not walk around with his goggles on when hes not riding , (pretty stupid question ) he just wears his glasses ,

I have some really serious issues with my eyes and HAVE to wear dark glasses, even at night. I have a super-sensitivity to light and my color spectrum is shifted into the ultra-violet range. I just wear my glasses under some goggles I got and doesn't bother me at all. Put on my helmet, glasses, then goggles snap in the rear. If its REALLY bright outside I have a pair of tinted goggles I wear as well to help with the whole brightness thing. Not sure I would like having to wear perscription goggles. Mine always get scratched somehow and I would be super pissed if I spent more than $70 on goggles and scratched the hell out of them.

When I walk with girls sometimes we will hook arms and when we do people think I'm blind. Its funny.

DSC01544-1.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

I didnt know that bigred... I always thought you were like my dad. He has those glasses that get dark outside so he doenst have to wear sunglasses.

For you guys that wear glasses under you goggles. Look at some quick straps for you goggles. Make putting them on last really nice. I wear my sunglasses under my goggles snowmobiling and it makes it way easier to get your goggles on after your helmets already on your dome. :thumbsup:

I didnt know that bigred... I always thought you were like my dad. He has those glasses that get dark outside so he doenst have to wear sunglasses.

For you guys that wear glasses under you goggles. Look at some quick straps for you goggles. Make putting them on last really nice. I wear my sunglasses under my goggles snowmobiling and it makes it way easier to get your goggles on after your helmets already on your dome. :thumbsup:

LOL! I will have to tell you some of my storires next time we hook up. The whole ultraviolet colors thing is pretty sweet IMO. Puts a whole new spin on those black-light dance party places for me.

Nope, they don't just get dark outside, my glasses are almost black all the time, even inside, even at night when I drive. If there is no moon and no other traffic, I can put on a special pair of night-time glasses I have and I can see really damn good at night.

I have almost twice the number of light receptor cells in the back of my eyes as a normal person, so if its night time, i will see about like how you guys can see right before the sun crests the horizon in the morning. If the moon is out, its like normal daylight for me. The sun is retardedly bright, as are house lights and such. Hence the black glasses all the time. Can't count the number of times I've had cops want me to take them off and want to shine a flashlight in my face when they pull over. I basically tell them to fuck off and show them my hospital card saying I have to have the dark glasses.

My eyes will actually change colors as well. Can't remember the clinical term for it, but unlike the normal shade change most peoples eyes go through, mine will actually change color, depending on lighting conditions. My eyes are either a bright green, hazel or a grayish green color. Its freaky. Somewhere I have a picture where you can see one eye one color and another eye a different one. Someone had a black-light flashlight and shined it in one eye... I will look around for it.

Edited by BigRed350x

Well now I know why you have dark glasses... My eyes do that too not the light deal the color deal... they switch from hazel to green... Strange...

Edited by theshee

Hey Red that was really cool of you to put your seeing eye dog in the picture with ya............ :yelrotflmao:

Seriously though, thats a trip about the light thing. Is it an altered visual spectrum or is it that you can't be subjected to sunlight in regards to your eyes.

As far as the wearing contacts while ridin'. I was told that that was not a good idea because if you get sand in your eyes, either by blowing wind or a friends roost, the fine grains could get between your contacts and your eye and scratch it...........