Post your Beast

Dmcbanshee

All of you have some very nice 'Shees.....

Question, though....how much better-handling do some of these mods make a Banshee? And is it worth it (like the outlaw chassis) for the better handling ($$$ vs benefit)? I mean, things add up quickly, and before long you've got $15k into it!

I've had my Banshee on the local mx track - I really have no complaints about the handling, per se, just the beating I take from the stock suspension. I can't ride more than 3 laps at a race-pace - it kills me (and I'm not in bad shape either - I'm not Doug Gust, but I'm in pretty good shape for being 34). I don't plan to race mx on a competative level - there's really not much mx action for quads in my area anyway (I'll just race mx on my bike). I don't want to get the snot beat outta me in 3 laps by my own quad though! I think upgrading the suspension to quality components (+2+1 Arms, +4 axle, -1 swinger, Elkas or TCS (anybody have any experience with the Fox FLOATs for the front?)) and adding Flexx bars, maybe the Boyesen Shockout grip system, steering stabilzer, anti-vibe stem, single carb, and Magura hydraulic clutch would all help the arm pump/fatigue issue I have. Cutting the Banshee's weight would help too, as would good tires I'm sure. Anyone disagree with any of this? I don't want to spend crazy $$$ - when you start talking about spending more than $5k, I think it's time to consider a new 450. It's a matter of economics, really. Don't get me wrong - you guys have some REALLY nice machines, but I've got 3 mx bikes to pay for (mine & 2 kids) this year, so the 'Shee budget isn't a priority nor alot of $$$ to begin with. IF I can keep the cost down to below $5k and get this fatigue issue resolved, great. If it's cost more than that, maybe I should just sell the 'Shee & get a 450 (hey, I'm not trying to sell out here!)

So, any advice? BTW, my Banshee is a '99 pretty much stock except for VForce2 reeds, Dynoport 2-into-1 pipe, Renthal bars/grips, Pro-Design filter in the stock airbox, Pro-Armor tether, Moose Nerfs, and Pro-circuit graphics/seatcover.

A new front end on a banshee will do wonders by itself for handling and fatigue. The front shocks are crap and the front end feels heavy in stock form. I coudn't belive the difference my a-arms and shocks made. The front end feels a lot lighter now and landings are way better. I dont have to fight the bike around corners anymore. You won;t believe it is the same bike with a new front end, the difference awesome. You won;t be dissapointed, just as long as you get some +1 forward a-arms. I rode my new front end for about 2 months before I put my -2" swinger and +4". This too made it a whole new machine. I love how the -2 swinger makes the bike feel. Lots of traction and it corners really well.

I have never rode on an outlaw chasis but I bet they are worth it if you are into racing. Some guys on here have rode both and they will probaly tell you an outlaw framed banshee will kill a banshee with a good front and rear end.

Thank you. :biggrin: I'm proud of it, I've wanted a banshee for years.

Yes, I plan on cutting them but lately we've been having alot of wet, nasty weather so I'm holding off till it gets to be nicer weather or I get a second set of fenders.

I'm in the process of advancing the timing and modding the shift star while I change out the clutch (bought the F.A.S.T. clutch everyone was raving about. Mine was slipping like a motherfucker, Jeff's a great guy to deal with on the phone like everyone said. Very helpfull and considerate.). Should be done by sat. I plan to take her to the track if the weather permits. I'll try to get some video or atleast some pics.