spark plugs

headsup

would a nology coil and wires give them more hrs. thnx, again..

150 dollar coil/wire setup to save a 2.00 plug? MM....ok. Jet your bike correctly...10 to 15 hours on a plug is just fine. 10 to 15 minutes would be a problem.

Speaking of Iridiums....How many have actually used them....I am thinking of giving them a try....any feed back......

I personally think they are a waste. Tried them on cub at Silver lake dunes a month or so ago (last weekend of October)... NO difference at all in my cub motor...and I have a Dyna ignition AND Nology w/ hotwires.

Any plug can be fouled, period....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard of some of you guys who run Nology Coils and Dyna or other aftermarket Ignitions use them. Im curious why they are called for?

The dyna is very sensitive to "noise" and that is why it requires a resistor plug. I can't technically explain the process but kind of like unwanted alternator wine on a car stereo. The resistor plug sort of acts like a filter.

150 dollar coil/wire setup to save a 2.00 plug? MM....ok. Jet your bike correctly...10 to 15 hours on a plug is just fine. 10 to 15 minutes would be a problem.

I personally think they are a waste. Tried them on cub at Silver lake dunes a month or so ago (last weekend of October)... NO difference at all in my cub motor...and I have a Dyna ignition AND Nology w/ hotwires.

Any plug can be fouled, period....

i ordered a plug cleaner today, however if the pug is shorted out cleaning wont do any good.

The dyna is very sensitive to "noise" and that is why it requires a resistor plug. I can't technically explain the process but kind of like unwanted alternator wine on a car stereo. The resistor plug sort of acts like a filter.

Hmmm. Thank you for trying to explaine but I still dont uderstand completly. If you ran a regular B8ES could it actualy mess up the dyna system? If thats the case screw selling my timing plate for a Dyna FS. I like the Idea of more spark. It may piss people off when you ride by there house and screw up their TV Signals lol. The Iridium plugs probably create less spark than any of them. Sure they last longer but who cares if your not getting enough spark.

That why my mechanic + this board is cool. He anwsers all of my questions in detail but I cant call him everytime I have a question so I come here ask the questions relay the information to him so Im sure my information is dead on. This board hasent failed me yet though. The information here is usualy about dead on. Therefore I can get the best out of my bike first and foremost and relay the information to my riding buddies or my internet buddies. Kicks ass :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Hmmm. Thank you for trying to explaine but I still dont uderstand completly. If you ran a regular B8ES could it actualy mess up the dyna system? If thats the case screw selling my timing plate for a Dyna FS. I like the Idea of more spark. It may piss people off when you ride by there house and screw up their TV Signals lol. The Iridium plugs probably create less spark than any of them. Sure they last longer but who cares if your not getting enough spark.

That why my mechanic + this board is cool. He anwsers all of my questions in detail but I cant call him everytime I have a question so I come here ask the questions relay the information to him so Im sure my information is dead on. This board hasent failed me yet though. The information here is usualy about dead on. Therefore I can get the best out of my bike first and foremost and relay the information to my riding buddies or my internet buddies. Kicks ass :thumbsup:

where to start.

the B8ES plug can create a pulsing type effect back into your bikes eletrical system, hence effecting your CDI etc.

they have absolutely nothing to do with your neighbours tv signal.

you timing plate WILL NOT give you anymore spark then standard. (only effects spark timing not spark size)

a dyna FS WILL effect spark size and timing, so you get the benifits of the timing plate with the added bonus of a cleaner, stronger spark.

the iridium plugs WILL help produce a brighter, more agresive spark due to the thinner electrode.

+ with the dyna FS you can change ignition curves at the flick of a switch depending on the riding your doing.

more top end, more midrage, more low down for tight woods etc.