Dont forget to tighten them plugs

banshee9o9

Well i think it was last summer i was ridin the shee and i went down the road a few miles to pick up my buddy and shit and throughout the day it would make a kinda wierd noise when you would let off the throttle but i thought nothing of it so anyways after i pick my buddy up which happens to be a hefty size dude were headin up the road and i start losin power real i knew it was dying on me so i looked at him and im like "fuck it man ride it till the wheels fall off", we make it up the road a few hundred feet and it dyed out i tryed to see if it would start back up and you could stand on the kick starter and im thinkin ohh fuck i broke a rod or some shit anyways we let it cool down for about 10 mins and it fires back up somehow and i didnt wanna be stranded along the highway so we attempt to make it back to my house, we only made it about a .25 mile up the road and it dyed again and blew it out smoke that was blue as my plastic :shoothead: after i got a ride home from a local i took my motor to tear it down and discovered the cause was from one plug coming loose and it ran really lean the one piston had a hole burnt completely throu and the other had a moon lookin crater in it.... it also melted the rings to pistons :banghead:

Moral of the story buy a plug lock or make sure there tight

Man, all these rides of shame, and no pics. Kinda makes me wonder about half of these stories. :shrug:

i can gaurantee my story is true, just ask the blind man, he seen it to! :laugh: you know i dont know how to post pics :blink: and i didnt just happen to take a camera with me and jump off when it happend, and say, damn, that would be a good pic to put on hq! i just put the plug back in a rode on!

Well, I'm sure th bike is in pieces now either at your house or the shop(probably the shop). Break out the camera, git r done! Just trying to keep people in "Rides of Shame" honest, lot's o crazy stories here.

na, my bike is not in pieces, the plug was loose, and it just worked loose and came out. as sood as it made all the racket, i hit the clutch and the kill switch. and as far as a shop, i have my own that i build car and bike motors in for a living.so if anything goes wrong i fix it myself. nothing crazy about a plug falling out though, just didnt tighten it up good.

after i got a ride home from a local i took my motor to tear it down and discovered the cause was from one plug coming loose and it ran really lean the one piston had a hole burnt completely throu and the other had a moon lookin crater in it.... it also melted the rings to pistons :banghead:

Moral of the story buy a plug lock or make sure there tight

So your bike isn't in pieces, you just put the plug back in. That's interesting considering you know you melted a ring to the piston, and burnt whole in the piston. Now I'm not gonna argue with you here or start a flame war, but if your going to post a story on the internet, and you had it torn down this far, I'm just wondering why you wouldn't snap a couple pics to share with us. If for nothing else to keep assholes like me quiet. Do you not a have a camera, is it broken, or you just didn't think about it. Just wondering, that's all. :beer:

Lifted... you have the wrong guy, he is not the poster.

Maniac, hopefully your plugs don't come loose oftem from"just not being tightened" or you will end up in the same situation as 909.

na, i only had it happen twice. one was about 10 years ago on a yz 250, and one about a year ago on one cylinder on my banshee. didnt hurt anything, but i shut em off as soon as it happend. i know nothing about the situation 909 had, dont really care. shit happens sometimes. not to say it did, or did not happen to 909 though. i have built drag motors for cars and seen alot of shit happen that wasnt surpose to happen. one motor will take a 250 shot, and the other motor, with the same setup may burn the pistons? just saying 909 may be telling the truth, but what do i know? and to lifted, you do have the wrong guy! pay attention to the post..

Lifted... you have the wrong guy, he is not the poster.

Maniac, hopefully your plugs don't come loose oftem from"just not being tightened" or you will end up in the same situation as 909.

Damn, all these people, and all these stories, it sure is hard to keep 'em staright.

• 2 weeks later...