live in va whats closest dunes from here

dishman

I know theres nothing close but was wanting to ride sand in spring need to find out where i can go i will have 2 weeks for traveling and riding thanks for any help need to start palning for it

Edited by dishman

ahhhhhhhh duno :down:

i know im up for a long haul to get to dune looking for somewhere in middle of the country

• 3 weeks later...
Florida theres sand, no big dunes though. Michigan has dunes. Nj has sand, but there not dunes. still fun though.

Glamis or dumont are the bigboy places.

im planning on a trip to little sahara in spring should have bikes done by then

im planning on going to L.S.in spring will check into st.Anthonys also thats for the info Cali is way to far of a road trip

Silver lake is by far the closest to you. I ride there all summer long. I must warn you though, in comparison to other dunes it is small potatoes. Silver lake is in the hundreds of acres, where Glamis 200,000 or so acres. Silver lake(unless you just can't get enough like me) is a couple day venture. You could damn near ride every square foot of it in a couple days.

Barrymaxx and any others interested in riding here in WV, just drop me a line and let me know when you plan on coming and I'll be more than happy to show you around. I live in the heart of Hatfield-McCoy Trail country. Hatfield McCoy is ok but if you came to trail ride our crew will show you what its all about. :thumbsup:

Barrymaxx and any others interested in riding here in WV, just drop me a line and let me know when you plan on coming and I'll be more than happy to show you around. I live in the heart of Hatfield-McCoy Trail country. Hatfield McCoy is ok but if you came to trail ride our crew will show you what its all about. :thumbsup:

ive road there a couple of times been a few years thought its about a 3 1/2 to 4 hr drive from where im at

They are still doing extensive work here, I am about 10 minutes from the newest trailhead. There is talk of an MX track going in real soon. We have a new hillclimb and GNCC style track about a quarter mile from the waterways trail head. Would be cool if we could get a bunch of HQ'ers together and do some riding. Hatfield McCoy is'nt a drop in the bucket in comparison to some of our trails. I fought the system for awhile because they kinda stole our trails and enforce homosexual rules like helmets, but i miust say its convenient and if your alone riding, or something goes wrong help is always close by.