how fast?

samdust

motor work only changes your top speed by a very slim margin. It impacts how quickly you get to your top speed. You want more top speed change your gearing.

Oh yea, mine with a 13 tooth front was 67 mph nad 14 tooth front was 73 mph. both times done with a garmin 396 gps.

motor work only changes your top speed by a very slim margin. It impacts how quickly you get to your top speed. You want more top speed change your gearing.

Oh yea, mine with a 13 tooth front was 67 mph nad 14 tooth front was 73 mph. both times done with a garmin 396 gps.

only 67 dang i though they would go alot faster than that. i looked at a 15 tooth in the front. that should boost it to like what 75 or 80?

I ve got a radar gun and we clocked my buddies stock banshee at 72 miles an hour, then he put a set of fmf gnarly pipes and got 76 miles with stock gearing

but just changing your front sprocket will never get u to 80 miles an hour because u need the power to push that 15 tooth sprocket

ive got the power im just wondering what i need to do gear wise. im getting a picture of it on here after i get my fenders and graphics in. it looks bad right now

I wish I knew what everybody's concern was with for top speed.

I'd rather have a quad that does 70, but gets there in 4 seconds rather than one that does 90...and takes forever and a day to get to....

:shrug:

u dont understand i live in texas i dont have a lot of tracks and dunes i just have hay fields and farms. i do 70 its not fast anymore i want to go faster. i do 80% of my driving rippin down my street pissin my nieghbors off. i dont know i love my banshee but i have the mentality that gets bored quick i need more speed. my engine has the power now i got to get the gears.

Oh, well as long as we can help contribute to you pissing off the neighbors... :shoothead:

Since you have the power, it's simple.

Go bigger on the front sprocket and/or smaller on the rear till the motor won't pull it anymore than back off one.

Or, you could just get Nitrous and spray the piss out of it with TALL gearing....and you won't feel a think when you get bucked off it and crack your melon...at 100MPH....

Oh, well as long as we can help contribute to you pissing off the neighbors... :shoothead:

Since you have the power, it's simple.

Go bigger on the front sprocket and/or smaller on the rear till the motor won't pull it anymore than back off one.

Or, you could just get Nitrous and spray the piss out of it with TALL gearing....and you won't feel a think when you get bucked off it and crack your melon...at 100MPH....

nitrous... HA! no i dont get THAT bored i like my melon in one piece. to tell u the truth im gonna leave it alone and get better tires. mine are bald ass hell. thanx anyways :shrug:

what kind of mods do u have, i clocked my bike at 81 miles and hour and this is what i got

fmf gnarly pipes with t -4 silencers

v force 3 reeds

K&n and no lid

dyna jet kit

advanced timing +4

high flow impeller

over seize rad by PWR

barnett clutch kit

and now my jugs are on there way back, they are port and polished .010 over

+ i just bought some rare pipes called fmf revs(top end)

now i think once all my stuff is back together i ll be hitting around 90 miles

You'll probably have to change your gearing to get another 9MPH out of it....but, should be doable if your porting is up to snuff!!

I'm pretty damn sure mine would do 90MPH plus if I wanted to...but, why? It's just plain scary unless you lower the shit out of them, have the suspension setup properly and use the right tires....

what kind of mods do u have, i clocked my bike at 81 miles and hour and this is what i got

fmf gnarly pipes with t -4 silencers

v force 3 reeds

K&n and no lid

dyna jet kit

advanced timing +4

high flow impeller

over seize rad by PWR

barnett clutch kit

and now my jugs are on there way back, they are port and polished .010 over

+ i just bought some rare pipes called fmf revs(top end)

now i think once all my stuff is back together i ll be hitting around 90 miles

t5 toomy pipes and silencers.

toomey filter no lid

cool head

prodesign impeller

inline water cooler thing (dont know the name of it)

always run vp and casor 927

aluminium radiator

and some weight reduction

and if my job treats me right ill have some more im new at this mod'n stuff

You'll probably have to change your gearing to get another 9MPH out of it....but, should be doable if your porting is up to snuff!!

I'm pretty damn sure mine would do 90MPH plus if I wanted to...but, why? It's just plain scary unless you lower the shit out of them, have the suspension setup properly and use the right tires....

ur right im just gonna buy some new tires so i can hook better.