5mm Long rod VS 5mm Long Rod, +4 mm stroker

thegroup

what exactly is the difference btwn them? ive got a hot rods crank (stock stroke) and i was alos wanting to know it i can get the longer rod and have them installed on it

the long rod makes the rods bearing and joint have less stress when the motor fires by reducing the angle on the pistons.

how ever the long rod dose nothing to your dispalcment...

the +4 stroker tkae the bottom end of the connecting rod and move it 4mm down on the crank... when the crank turns over now the rods are 4mm higher making your motor gain more dispalcement... but now your pistons have 4mm more hieght that has to be madeup for so you dont smack the head... you get 795 serises pistions or blaster pistons and the point where the rod connects is moved 2mm higher ... but you still got 2mm more to go to keep the pistons from smacking the head so you cut the domes 2mm to make up for it...

all in all the longer rods make a more reliable motor by taking the stress of the cranks and componants ...

not to sound like a hot shot...but you could also say the angle of the thrust is changed...as well as relieving the tension from the piston pin offset, also pressure relief from the exaust side of the cylinder reducing the friction and the head to, and letting the piston hang around at TDC longer for more combustion and a stronger powerstroke.

sory that was my first post...i dont wanna come off as a know it all..

Edited by JaysonP

not to sound like a hot shot...but you could also say the angle of the thrust is changed...as well as relieving the tension from the piston pin offset, and letting the piston hang around at TDC longer for more combustion and a stronger powerstroke.

sory that was my first post...i dont wanna come off as a know it all..

i wouldnt nessissarily say the angle of the thrust because its all forced to go down once the rod spins over but i know what your hinting at...

i wouldnt nessissarily say the angle of the thrust because its all forced to go down once the rod spins over but i know what your hinting at...

by thrust i meant on its revolution towards TDC, it will relieve some of it and cause more of a up and down motion insead of a, up thrust - side thrust - down thrust

but as long as you understood my point was successful! haha

Edited by JaysonP