exhuast bodies

tmac20031

You could always wrap them with some header wrap. DEI makes some good stuff. But it can cause rusting because it will hold moisture against the exhaust. So if you get it wet make sure you fire it up and run it to dry it out. I would get the 1in wide stuff that way it lays flat and smoother on the exhaust pipes. When ever I have a girl on my banshee I use the go fast so they hang on tighter method, not try to carrie on an intelegant conversation method.

DEI Header Wrap LINK

WHAT?

A. don't ride double unless someone broke down and you have to get them back to camp

B. Wear a helmet.

Save the BSing for after or before the ride...

Don't be a schmuck and ruin it for us who obey the rules.

I ride in Mexico :yelrotflmao: so you dont have to worry about americas precious rules, and the reason I like to carry on a conversation is because I ride through town alot. The cops stop me but just to compliment :laugh:

You could always wrap them with some header wrap. DEI makes some good stuff. But it can cause rusting because it will hold moisture against the exhaust. So if you get it wet make sure you fire it up and run it to dry it out. I would get the 1in wide stuff that way it lays flat and smoother on the exhaust pipes. When ever I have a girl on my banshee I use the go fast so they hang on tighter method, not try to carrie on an intelegant conversation method.

DEI Header Wrap LINK

Thanks for the link and yea Im very familier with that method too.

DEI Header Wrap LINK

Will the 1 in wide even fit?

Well you wrap your pipes with it. Go around and around with it. Just like if you hurt your arm and bandaged it up. The 1 in wide sutff will lay down on the pipes better because it is not as wide. If you used the 2 in stuff you would be more likely to get ripples and have it not lay down flat on the pipes. They use some stainless steel zip ties to hold the wrap down.

Well you wrap your pipes with it. Go around and around with it. Just like if you hurt your arm and bandaged it up. The 1 in wide sutff will lay down on the pipes better because it is not as wide. If you used the 2 in stuff you would be more likely to get ripples and have it not lay down flat on the pipes. They use some stainless steel zip ties to hold the wrap down.

Yea, I figured it out, thanks

but if I i use the wrap sealant i dont think that will happen?

its not about water getting in and rotting the pipes. its that the wrap actually works too good, holding too much heat in, making the pipes way to hot and eventually breaking down the metal.

this takes some time to happen, its not going to happen in a few weeks or months. but it will happen eventually!

i cant tell you how many times i have read of guys that use this stuff. only to go and remove the headers after they had been in use for a while and have it basically crumble in their hands.

the wrap will stay in the form of the tube but there wont be any steel underneath it

Edited by Mullet Man

its not about water getting in and rotting the pipes. its that the wrap actually works too good, holding too much heat in, making the pipes way to hot and eventually breaking down the metal.

this takes some time to happen, its not going to happen in a few weeks or months. but it will happen eventually!

i cant tell you how many times i have read of guys that use this stuff. only to go and remove the headers after they had been in use for a while and have it basically crumble in their hands.

the wrap will stay in the form of the tube but there wont be any steel underneath it

What about just using the sealant spray(with no wrap) or maybe black hi temp paint?

You should try repacking your silencers, that should help the noise if they need repacking. The expensive route would be to get new or used silencers, If your are running fmf's They make the turbines and the " Q's " which are both supposed to quiet up the exhaust. I'm sure someone on this site or ebay got a set they will sell for a couple dollars.

Wrapping your pipes with header wrap is a BAAAAAAAAAAAD idea. You will hold in the heat and not allow your pipes to work as they are designed. You will run into tuning issues. There will be people that say do it, but if you truly know what is going on inside a 2 stroke motor, and you know a little about pipe design, you will understand what i am saying.