Strippin the Juggs

banshee9o9

I'm gettin ready to tear my shee down for the winter and while my frames sent out for paint i wanna take the black finish off my cylinders so its the bare aluminum finish so im wonderin what i should use to remove the paint perhaps a solvent? :cool:

I'm gettin ready to tear my shee down for the winter and while my frames sent out for paint i wanna take the black finish off my cylinders so its the bare aluminum finish so im wonderin what i should use to remove the paint perhaps a solvent? :cool:

I used this stuff called aircraft remover. I bought it at Oreillys. It is just like an industrial strength paint remover. You definitly don't want to get it on your skin. I just sprayed it on and let it set for about 5-10 minutes then just wiped them off. I have heard of people using oven off oven cleaner. I don't know about that but that aircraft remover will definitly take it off. You want to make sure you don't get it on anything you don't want paint removed from because it will take it off fast.

I used this stuff called aircraft remover. I bought it at Oreillys. It is just like an industrial strength paint remover. You definitly don't want to get it on your skin. I just sprayed it on and let it set for about 5-10 minutes then just wiped them off. I have heard of people using oven off oven cleaner. I don't know about that but that aircraft remover will definitly take it off. You want to make sure you don't get it on anything you don't want paint removed from because it will take it off fast.

Alright thanks man i'll have to look for that

Drop them off at a local engine shop and have them glass beaded, it's cheap and you won't have to deal with the mess.

I agree ,aircraft remover works great for this ..use a wire brush too and it will come off really easy,definitly wear gloves and glasses . DONOT get it on your skin!!! that shit will leave nasty burns if it touches you :ermm: