Drag 4mil looking for CDI and Coil. Ideas?

phx450

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i have to say is i was optimistic also, couple hp maybe but if you buy it brand new 400 bucks i really dont think its worth the money for the gain.

ill wait for you dyno sheets i guess.

all i know was what kevin helt told me from nmotion.

all i know was what kevin helt told me from nmotion.

I didn't know Nmotion did shit for two strokes...I know they got a lot of new 450 parts out, YFZ and TRX. My buddy got his 564 kit and Falicon crank from them...and it sucks ass...period.

enFORCER...no offense, but PVLs from what I've read AND seen are nothing but trouble and hassle. Having to check the piston with a dial caliper itself to set the timing? No thanks....and just a tad bit of moisture, forget about it. Done.

PHX....all have their own opinion, I've read 10X more good about a dyna than I have bad, and I'm very confident in my ignition on my bike.

Do a search here, do a search on Planet Sand.com, and draw your own conclusions is all....

didn't know Nmotion did shit for two strokes...I know they got a lot of new 450 parts out, YFZ and TRX. My buddy got his 564 kit and Falicon crank from them...and it sucks ass...period

i used their dyno and computer to program it. dont know about their 4 strokes seem to run pretty well. i know airforceone runs very well from ps.

kevins never did anything bad for me, always offered good advice.

i still dont think it will make a bike run 6 bikes faster, and 8hp but if you get a dyno to prove it then ill stand corrected. i do know cubs like more timing so it might work better for your curves.

a couple i could see hp wise, and widen your torque or useable power maybe just 8-ish hp i dont see.

i used their dyno and computer to program it. dont know about their 4 strokes seem to run pretty well. i know airforceone runs very well from ps.

kevins never did anything bad for me, always offered good advice.

i still dont think it will make a bike run 6 bikes faster, and 8hp but if you get a dyno to prove it then ill stand corrected. i do know cubs like more timing so it might work better for your curves.

a couple i could see hp wise, and widen your torque or useable power maybe just 8-ish hp i dont see.

well man wether you belive it or not it happened i was there as well as polish who after we got done racing he was like wtf did you do? i told him all i did was switch the curve and he was sold... send him a pm and ask him he will tell you the same thing...

This is no BS either...............my bike was FLAT OUT SPANKING banshe-man BIG TIME!!!!.........then he switched to a curve 3 on his Dyna and and I was only a coulpe of bike lengths ahead this time!.........the proof is in the pudding.........I saw it for my own eyes...........If I had extra $$$$ to spend that would be my next purchase HANDS DOWN........... :thumbsup:

I searched planet sand for hours last night.

the dyna you guys are using is it just a standard dyan? Is there a certain one?

Once the bike is done we are going to toss it on the dyno hopefully i can get you guys some solid numbers off of my 4 mill with just cdi changes.

I've seen the $280 on ebay, is this the one i want?

I searched planet sand for hours last night.

the dyna you guys are using is it just a standard dyan? Is there a certain one?

Once the bike is done we are going to toss it on the dyno hopefully i can get you guys some solid numbers off of my 4 mill with just cdi changes.

I've seen the $280 on ebay, is this the one i want?

its the dyna fs, its the programable dyna... they got them on ebay for 260-285 ish...

well man wether you belive it or not it happened i was there as well as polish who after we got done racing he was like wtf did you do? i told him all i did was switch the curve and he was sold... send him a pm and ask him he will tell you the same thing...

Wes and I talked it over and he's gonna let me borrow his dyna for the PS drags next yr. If it does indeed provide the 6 bike gain that you guys say, I should run somewhere in the 3.6 sec range and will no doubt clean house in my class.

I guess theres really no point in building a motor any bigger than a 4mil after installing the dyna either, cause I run with most 10mils as it is, so anything short of building a triple will prolly just be pissing in the wind.

Can't wait to collect my winnings, thanks for this awesome tip guys!

:yelrotflmao:

Wes and I talked it over and he's gonna let me borrow his dyna for the PS drags next yr. If it does indeed provide the 6 bike gain that you guys say, I should run somewhere in the 3.6 sec range and will no doubt clean house in my class.

I guess theres really no point in building a motor any bigger than a 4mil after installing the dyna either, cause I run with most 10mils as it is, so anything short of building a triple will prolly just be pissing in the wind.

Can't wait to collect my winnings, thanks for this awesome tip guys!

:yelrotflmao:

Wow...that's pretty funny!!! I guess I misread the part in Banshee-Man's post that said it'll work that way on every single bike/motor combo you put it on....not just his own personal experience with his own bike...

Oh, my bad...he didn't say that....

Since you mentioned the PS drags....why don't you scope out what they're running. The average Joe's will have Dynas...I'd bet on it. The more exotic bikes with ALL the bells and whistles will probably have PVLs....

:notworthy: