nickel plating pipes

marty40

i have paul turner midranges on my banshee that are painted black. i want them to look a bit better so i was thinking about getting them nickel plated.

i cant get them chromed because there are no chromers here in ireland so i would have to send them england but that would cost too much.

was wondering if anybody has any pics of what it would look like if i got them done and if it is a good idea.

Cheers, Martin

Chrome is eitehr copper then nickle then chrome, or jsut nickle then chrome (cheaper but not as shiny).

you would not want to run just copper plating, it would tarnish and scratch off very easy. The copper is used because it creates a nice smooth base, the nickle is used to make the chrome stick to the pipes AFAIK.

My Old Fattys were nickle plated, they will shine nice for a while, but have to be polished quite frequently. Might as well just buy some chrome pipes and sell what you have IMO, you would probably be much happier, and money better spent.