RZ350 Gearing for 500' drags

Yaxy

Guys,

The Annual Cow Shit 500 is coming up and I need to find the right gearing for 500' grass drags. On my non RZ shee 2 through 6th gear at 14-41 gearing is great for 500'.

For the RZ, everyday riding, I have tried 13-41 on the RZ and that seems good if I am using 2nd - 6th gear. But at this time I have 14-41 on her and if I stay with this I would be using 2nd - 5th.

Question: would the 14-41 gearing be a more of a benefit due to the one less shift? or should I stick with 13-41? In comparison to my other shee. 6th gear on the shee is like 5th gear on the RZ. RZ approximate HP is 75,

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Yaxy

With 75HP ill go for the 14 41 setup even with big tyres. I know that a RZ350 gearbox is better than a banshees gearboxes ratios(when the shee is ported), or that is my experience. I run a RZ350YPVS motor on a off road go kart. This thing weighs in at 300kg, independand suspension everything, on stock bore and stroke with Bosson Peromance pipes( Almost as the T5s little differansce to compliment rz ports) 2 in 1 K&N, almost 70Hp on the dyno and with that weight it goes like you cant believe. with a 15-45 gearing and 22-11-8 sur tracks.

RZ350 Banshees is unbelievable fast!

we tried an rz tranny in 500 ft dirt drags for awile and in my oppinion you'd be further ahead to gear for starting in 2nd gear and use 2-5.we found that if we geared for 1st gear launches so it did'nt blow the tires loose. then it was to much jump from 1st to 2nd.the 1st gear in an rz is geared lower than a banshee and second is a bit higher.

Although the rz gearing is a bit faster in 2nd gear, ill start with 2nd, you have more than enough HP to start in 2nd gear with the 14 41 setup with RZ gearbox. My opinion and experience, I am a RZ350 tunner, love them, I dont say I am the Best, but know them motors well, the RZ350 was my bread and butter for years. :-)

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I tried some testing last week with 13-41 and the issue I have is that dumping the clutch in 2nd is fine it just wants to go to 3rd instaniously and if the timing is a tad bit off I loose RPMs and mayu have to double clutch.

As far as I am concerned with 14-41 I can for sure still dump in 2nd gear and actually shoot out of the hole a bit further before hitting 3rd and at this point the motor is ready for 4th and 5th.

As far as the RZ motor goes, it is amazing. The low end has all kinds of power without hitting powerband and when the powervalves open the Rocket pipes just make that motor sing. Definately impressed with the power of the RZ. It is by no means a mild motor in terms of power delivery as I have heard of in the past. Amazing.

Chris