7 Mill cub

Yamahammer

I would build a 4mil supercub. Gonna be real close to the same price as a 7mil standard cub. It should be a great duner motor, tons of torque. And you pick up a few cc's, 443 versus 472!!

The 7mm should make mort tq than the super cub will there is only a marginal gain over the regular cub.

They are availabe pm more-torque on planetsand here is a post made by him.

The casting is the exact same casting as the original cubs. You may have noticed that most cubs are designed as 65mm bore cylinders. You can easily see that the 68mm bore cylinders have slightly different port heights than the 65mm. Actually, all of the ports change slightly in relationship to each other as the bore gets bigger on a cylinder because they have different angles as they meet the bore. So the Supercub does have some incidental differences that are meerly the result of the larger bore. But the casting is the same. It is only machined differently. Heads are in stock now, and all the parts are available to put together 4mm to 14mm Supercubs.

The 7mm should make mort tq than the super cub will there is only a marginal gain over the regular cub.

In my opinion the gains of the bigbore are marginal you are increasing the risk of oring problems to gain what 2hp and 1lb of torque and that was at the hands of one of the best builders in the country. The 7mill is a much more effective way to pick up that extra torque and will proably be cheaper in the end. I would almost bet the farm that a 7mill 65bore will pull bigger#s on both ends than a 4mill super cub.

all good point i read all the pages over at planet sand and alot of good info i was going to do it builder said the seven 68 bore would be more reliable.. time will tell i think i sould be good i went for the 7 to get more torque than a 4 they need to stop making better and better shit for this motor.. wait no they dont , it just keeps us all broke and drooling

No need to second guess yourself or your builder. :wink: You will have Wayyyy more power than your 4 over swingarm will handle. :thumbsup:

all good point i read all the pages over at planet sand and alot of good info i was going to do it builder said the seven 68 bore would be more reliable.. time will tell i think i sould be good i went for the 7 to get more torque than a 4 they need to stop making better and better shit for this motor.. wait no they dont , it just keeps us all broke and drooling

so you all are going off from what nate mccoys putting out!! more tourque) his supercub is that because nate has went to a 72.50 bore!!

no second guessing going on here jeff i know i will get hurt with the motor you are building me going to be to much but helll thats why it has a throttle hehe... I dont see to many people runig a 7 just testing the water out to share info.

Just checking out a different setup i am not totally sold on the super cub lets see how they hold up next year compared to a cub,, longevity seems really good on the cub lets see if the super cub is the same.

so you all are going off from what nate mccoys putting out!! more tourque) his supercub is that because nate has went to a 72.50 bore!!

i thought i read nate went to a 73.00 bore and yes i here nate is producing some nice numbers

yea i looked into a super but was turned away from it. I am buiding a dune bike not a drag bike.. and the 7 cub sould already be overkill if there is such a thing. the super cub requires a different head wider bolt pattern and such and they are a little hard to come by right now i here the head is not being massed produced like the standard head.

Super cub head rolling of the line this week will be able to sell to the public in a week or two. Should be the same price as a cool head :wink:

no second guessing going on here jeff i know i will get hurt with the motor you are building me going to be to much but helll thats why it has a throttle hehe... I dont see to many people runig a 7 just testing the water out to share info.

Just checking out a different setup i am not totally sold on the super cub lets see how they hold up next year compared to a cub,, longevity seems really good on the cub lets see if the super cub is the same.

i thought i read nate went to a 73.00 bore and yes i here nate is producing some nice numbers

I have been running a 7mm cub for the last year... very strong motor even with the jetting being rich. Nates "supercub" is just a bigger bore made from the same casting as a regular cub. The power difference isn't much between the standard 68 bore and the 72... just a couple HP and # of torque. I know it was easier to get larger bore WSM pistons when I was building my motor so I had Nate bore it out a bit before porting it. You'll like the new motor no matter what.... just be prepared to spend more time looking at the sky. It's still rideable with the short swingarm but you won't be able to launch worth a shit in any drag race.

thanks for the input have you rode a 4 mill cub and was there a differance seat of the pants,

have you tore youre motor down for inspection yet, i am assuming you are running a lock up any hints on set up, how much over are you running or stock sand or dirt

thanks for the input have you rode a 4 mill cub and was there a differance seat of the pants,

have you tore youre motor down for inspection yet, i am assuming you are running a lock up any hints on set up, how much over are you running or stock sand or dirt

I have not rode a 4mm cub yet but there should be a seat of the pants dyno improvement with the 7mm. You should have a bit more torque and around 10hp difference. I have removed the head for inspection and it's holding up great. I wish I had these cylinders a long time ago. I am not running a lock up... I have an 8 plate setup with street bike plates and springs. You will get tired from pulling in the clutch on long rides if your shifting a lot but with the extra torque you will be shifting less than you would with a stock motor. I mainly ride in Glamis, Gordon's, and Ocotillo Wells. I only have a +6 swingarm and it does keep the front end down quite a bit better than the arm I had on it before. I didn't want to go with anything longer since I mainly dune/rip down washes and I need to be able to turn.

Make sure you take your time wearing the motor in and warm up the bike for a few mins before you ride... don't just get on it and rip either. You'll be happy no doubt.