where do i drill?

RHINO B

purchased T.O.R.S. eliminator kit from Vitos now it dont show a picture of where to drill on the carbs . it came with everything i need..drill bit,tap, idle screws, and caps. directions are half ass! anybody got pics of where i need to drill or send me a pic of what the carbs look like after its installed.

purchased T.O.R.S. eliminator kit from Vitos now it dont show a picture of where to drill on the carbs . it came with everything i need..drill bit,tap, idle screws, and caps. directions are half ass! anybody got pics of where i need to drill or send me a pic of what the carbs look like after its installed.

I did mine using the toomey website instructions. I copied this from there. If you need more go there and read the whole thing. Make sure to use a good cutting oil when tapping just to be safe.

Procedure:

Locate the idle screw bosses on the outside of the carbs. After you have identified these bosses you can remove the carburetors completely from the machine. You can just unscrew the carb tops and pull out the slide assy. complete and leave them on the bike. Then, you must disassemble the carb bodies completely.

The left carb has its boss on the left side and the right one on its right. If you look on the right side of the left carb and the left side of the right carb, there will appear to be a drilled and tapped hole that looks very much like an idle screw hole. I'm not sure what these holes are for, but rest assured, these are NOT the Idle screw holes. If you are not sure which hole is which, call us and we will help explain it. The ones you want are not threaded.

Edited by Nobodycares

Be careful while tapping the holes. Taps that small break easily. You want to screw the tap in a half turn then out at least a quarter turn, so the shavings have a place to go. Other than that it's a peice of cake.