Frame Modifications

BigRed350x

Ok, I've had quite a few people ask me about stuff I do to frames lately. Here's some pics of the frame I bought from locogato. (Sorry loco, had to chop all the mounts off, I hated to trash that PC)

Here's what I started with.

DSC01078.jpg

Here's some progress pics...

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01125.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

I never liked how those engine mount tabs stick through the frame, so I got rid of them. hehe

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

Here's the starting weight.

DSC01142.jpg

When I finished working on it tonight.

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

:headbang: lookin good but theres a bunch more you can cut off.

I do more than just drag race so I keep most of the frame intact. I was just removing the mounts that aren't used on this run. Cleaning the frame up a little bit, you know? If I were going to build a drag racing chassis I would certainly remove a lot more than this. :beer:

Here is what mine looked like after I got done chopping.

IMG_0442.jpg

If all you are doing is drag racing you can also remove the frame rails that sit above the upper a-arm mounts. If you aren't doing hillshooting with whoops you don't need that much strength in that portion of the frame. Why didn't you cap off the frame rails you chopped above the engine mounts? You could also remove the gusset between the lower frame rails behind the rear a-arm mount. Just curious. Looks good, I like the color. :clap:

Edited by BigRed350x

If all you are doing is drag racing you can also remove the frame rails that sit above the upper a-arm mounts. If you aren't doing hillshooting with whoops you don't need that much strength in that portion of the frame. Why didn't you cap off the frame rails you chopped above the engine mounts? You could also remove the gusset between the lower frame rails behind the rear a-arm mount. Just curious. Looks good, I like the color. :clap:

I stated to remove more but I figured since it will be mostly ran on the dunes and they are usually rougher than shit I decided it would be better to leave them in and Im not all that concered about weight. There are chrome caps that Im going to put on there I just havent gotten around to getting them yet. http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/downl...p?Number=481564

I thought about removing that and putting in just a straight piece, but my lack of having a welder, my friend not being very helpful about using his, and my lack of paitence I decided not to do it.

I stated to remove more but I figured since it will be mostly ran on the dunes and they are usually rougher than shit I decided it would be better to leave them in and Im not all that concered about weight. There are chrome caps that Im going to put on there I just havent gotten around to getting them yet. http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/downl...p?Number=481564

I thought about removing that and putting in just a straight piece, but my lack of having a welder, my friend not being very helpful about using his, and my lack of paitence I decided not to do it.

If you need I can weld your frame for you. I'm working on a few other people's frames from the HQ right now...