How much horse can a fully modded 350 put out?

Fastashell69

Hi there im new to this site but not riding, i have ridin bikes and quads for a long time now and i finally purchased my dream bike a couple months ago.its a 96 banshee fully modded 350 i can go into detail more but it takes along time to type im trying to figure out how much horse a fully modded 350 will put out cuase thats the information i got from the seller cuase he was a kid whos partents bought him this bike from a Motorcycle shop owner who did everything to it from heads to porting. and its setup for drag racing but doesnt have an extended rear end. but i do kno it is very very fast i had a fully modded and ported Kx 250 dirtbike at one time and this quad completely puts that bike to shame with its raw power. the compression is really high i havent been able to check it yet but thats on my list to do. What the parents told me is that the guy they bought it from did everything to this bike maxxed it out as a 350 so the only way to make it faster was to of course bore it out or stroke it . and im curious to kno what horse im puttin out. Thanks for all you guys time and glad to finally join Banshee HQ

If it doesn't have an extended arm on it then it is probably not "maxed" out. A stock cylinder drag motor can do 80hp and if it had a cubs on it, maybe more like 100hp. In either case the bike would be running on alcohol. What kind of pipes does it have on it? That will be a pretty good way to figure out what sort of power range that you are in. :baseball_santa:

You can get 100HP out of cubs without alky...all day. a 4 mil anyways...

You can get 100HP out of a stock cylinder with the right porting and exhaust and carbs, but you're going to melt down sooner...rather than later, and yes...you'll probably need alky for that...

Actually...there's not much of a limit...other than your wallet...

:beer:

Well im not exactly sure what cubs is but i do kno that i have CPI in frame drag pipes and i do have i believe there 34mm mikuni carbs and a better after market boost bottle. plus V force reeds, with K&N air filters with outer ware, its got a coolhead with 19cc domes and an extremly agressive porting job, inside the engine i really dont kno if it has shaved pistons or new high compression ones but then again i was told that you cant do anything else to the motor unless i bore it out or Big bore kits or stroker crank.

Two stroke pistons don't dictate compression...the head or domes in the head do...

With your mods, and depending on your port job...you're probably in the 60 range, give or take.

Porting is the wild card. Done right, it provides HUGE gains...done wrong...and a blaster is walking by you...

:beer:

Well im not exactly sure what cubs is but i do kno that i have CPI in frame drag pipes and i do have i believe there 34mm mikuni carbs and a better after market boost bottle. plus V force reeds, with K&N air filters with outer ware, its got a coolhead with 19cc domes and an extremly agressive porting job, inside the engine i really dont kno if it has shaved pistons or new high compression ones but then again i was told that you cant do anything else to the motor unless i bore it out or Big bore kits or stroker crank.

I would say high 50's or low 60's. There is plenty more that you can do to get more power out of it. If you were making the most hp possible, you wouldn't be able to ride the bike with a stock length swingarm. :baseball_santa:

well i hear people talking about the extended swing arm and i kno my bike doesnt have it but i do kno that i really cant keep the front end down, i weigh around 250 lbs and im leanin on the front and when that nasty power band kicks in im sayin hello to the heavens. and thank you to evryone who has helped me out with this your expertise in this area of study and knowledge is greatly appriaciated. So thanks Again. The only thing im looking at going bigger is the crank i want it to be a 370 and i just found out today that the carbs are 35mm flat side mikunis and the porting on the engine was done extremly well. and i have an general idea of how much horse im putting out now from your responses and from comparring my bike against my uncles banshee im thinking the hp is between 70-80 hp due to the extensive mods and porting plus seeing what my uncles 440 is doing at 85 Hp But everyone thanks again.

A guestimated 370 with portwork, pipes and 35 carbs, v-force reeds, 19cc coolhead and stock swinger.............. 80 horse? I think thats reachin' a little high, and I agree with dajogejr on this one 60 to 65 horse do-able. Was your uncles dyno-ed to show the 85 horses, or was that a guestimate too. Because I have seen a bike with 15-20 more horse loose to a lesser horse powered bike due to inexperienced rider, not as good of dragger as the other rider, or just a poorly tuned bike.

I'm just sayin' that 80 horse with those mods seems a tad high, unless its poked and stroked................ :beer:

yeah it was dyno proven on his but mine is not all the mods i have listested are not all the mods on the bike it has advanced timing and other mods but im slowly taking it apart to see how extensive the bike was done and he is a much better drag racer than me. i do kno that my last bike my KX 250 with full mods was dyno d at 50 hp and i have rode my uncles that was dyno d at 85 and this bike is definatly up there, I plan on having it dyno d soon. maybe not an 85 but definatly at least a 70 maybe more its perfectly tuned and on 114 race gas.