strange clutch issue

chris642

hey, something weird is happening with my clutch, maybe its a commen problem, idk, but its gotta get fixed. I was cleaning my bike the day after riding it( had no problems while riding) when i started the bike and wanted to ride it back into the garage. I click it into gear and it stalls, OK, try again and i give it more gas so it will atleast roll, i get it rolling so its acting like the clutch isnt totally dissengaging. You may think, OK, adjust the perch, but the thing is that the lever is now able to be pushed in half way before i start to feel the clutch dissengaging, i can see the clutch arm moving and everything, its all hooked up like it should be. so all of a sudden half of the lever travel has become freeplay!! Anyone know what could be wrong? i did not start working on it yet, i want to get some ideas before i start cheking things out tomorrow. You think the clutch is burnt or just needs to be adjusted? the only thing that has me a little puzzled is how this pretty much happened overnight with no warning signs. Any ideas are very appreciated, thanks!!

I had a problem something like this, where you jam nut for your adjustment is behind it where it comes through the presure plate there is the stud that comes though that pushes the ball and push rod that goes to the arm where you have the to arrows you line up. well that nut on the back side twisted in the prsure plate and seized tto the presure plate. They have a thin flat bearing kinda like a shim bearing that makes the adjustment smotherand keeps it from welding it self to the presur plate, also behind the clutch basket you have nylon shims between the primary gear and the basket so i've heard if there worn out you loose major adjustment there to don't know if any of this will help these are somethings i found wrong with mine and mine faded away pretty fast, and this might sound stupid but make sure your tranny is full of oil. just my .02 worth.