where is the water coming from

banshee11

you all seem very smart so i have one for you. any time i go thru a puddle my 99' shee revs up like it is running lean. but i can not figure out where the watre is geeting in. my intake is good and so is my filter assembly so are there any hoses or breethers on the carb that if water got into them would cause this. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same on my old 99 banshee.

It didnt have the tors caps anymore and water leaked into the carb tops.

One of the carb tops was stripped out and the other carb didnt have the rubber protection caps over the trothle cables anymore.

The water caused the slide to stick.

checkout the carb tops, maybe those are just not tight.

First off welcome the HQ.

When you say filter assembly, are you referring to pods or a stock airbox? The pods are going to suck in water, which is why you don't run puddles, creeks, or in the rain without stock airbox. You may look at the crossover tube between the carbs and if it is leaking, water will get sucked in.

An easy way to tell where there is an air leak is to get starting fluid and spray it around the intake boots, carb caps, crossover and if there is a leak the RPM's of the motor will raise, and "VOILA", you found the air leak............... :beer:

Mine is doing the same (99 shee) when I wash it and I try to ride right after it revs up... I have pro design air filter and stock air box without the cover...

when there's no water on engine all's good... do I have an air leak? or is it just the filter who suck some water

Mine is doing the same (99 shee) when I wash it and I try to ride right after it revs up... I have pro design air filter and stock air box without the cover...

when there's no water on engine all's good... do I have an air leak? or is it just the filter who suck some water

I would say if you're washing it with the air box lid off, that is your problem. Always put the lid on when you wash it.

Edited by bones