stator?

Yesterday my bike died and wouldn't start. I went and bought a tester and tested the stator and came up with green to red 18.6, white/green to white/red 108.9 and yellow to black .6. I was told it should be 17-20 and 117-120. I did not try to crank it just before testing but right after it cranked up but it still doesn't run good. Does this mean my stator is bad?

I would test it with another ohm meter.

when I tested mine, it was 17 and 117 I think...

I'd make sure it's spark related first...did you pull a plug and kick it to see if you could see a nice blue spark jumping the gap?

When's the last time you rode it? Does it have fresh plugs and fresh gas/oil in it?

Have you done any mods since the last time you ran it, or just recently??

Gotta have spark, fuel and compression....then narrow it from there.

You can send your coil and stator to Ricky Stator, they will be happy to test it for you free of charge, as well..they have the best prices on Stators...

Yesterday, it didn't have any spark. It has a new nology coil and dyna cdi. Also had new plugs. It has been having problems with the way its running for a few months now. The coil checked to be bad so I replaced it and it still didn't run much better. All grounds seem to be good. Gas was new at that time. I know my jetting is probably off a little but it runs the same no matter what jetting I run. It wont rev out. Does fine at slow speeds.

Edited by 99mxbanshee

Check for an air leak. Buy a leakdown tester....PM Machwon on this board. I THINK his kit is around 50 bucks or so.

I redid my motor a while ago. Trail rode it, sucked water...popped a crank seal. Instead of doing a leak down test (I needed an excuse to buy the goodies and justify it to myself) I bought they Dyna, VForce, Nology, 35PWks....and low and behold it still didn't run any better. Oh, and a brand new stator, too.

I kinda knew in the back of my head it was something more...but, I had a few extra bucks...and these were parts I wanted anyways.

Let me guess...starts pretty good, it seems to free rev ok when it's in Nuetral...but, you put it in gear and go to take off it falls on it's face?

No matter WHAT jetting you tried, it didn't make a LICK of difference, did it?

You need to first remove all plastic...and trace down every wire in your harness, include the on/off kill switches. If they don't come up with any cut, burnt or frayed wires....you need to test for leakdown.

PM Machwon...he'll give you all the details of his kit....

. I don't know why everyone uses a aftermarket coil, they don't provide any performance gains. I have been using the stock coil for years and they work the best IMO.

that is false ,they definitly do offer a noticable gain .stock sucks

Nothing yet. Don't know anyone else that has a banshee around me. Can't be the coil because it was doing the same thing with the stock coil. I changed coils because the stock one checked out to be bad but that wasn't the problem. I am not sure what the jetting is supposed to be because I was in the process of jetting it when it started doing this.