250r or banshee

I am thinking about getting a new quad and I am stuck in between a banshee and a 250r. I have owned and driven a banshee before but have not ever driven a 250r. I understand this is a banshee forum but I want to know your guys opinions for either machine. Any input or info will be great. I plan on doing trail riding with it, no racing.

Speed I assume the banshee is much faster? Handling I heard that nothing handles like a 250r? reliabilty? gas consumption or distance per tank?

Edited by szewczyd

I've driven both of them, and in my honest opinion, banshee.

Banshee is faster, being as it is a bigger engine. As for handling, they're both almost evenly the same, but the 205r does have an advantage in corning. Reliability, the same as well, and along with fuel consumption.

Edited by wongs390cc

Basically it all boils down to the type of riding you do,anybody can get on a quad and pinn it out to haul ass, as for that, the banshee should be the king, on the other hand if you like the woods and tight trails, than the 250r is the way to unless you plan on dumping a couple thousand into the banshee where as with the 250r has more useable power for this type of riding. I also am in the market for a 250r just because I have never owned one but I will say I'll never ever get rid of my banshee.................period!

I rode a 250r not to long ago that had a pretty good list of mods on it.. I wasn't that impresed.. I have heard that there are 250rs that are badass and great bikes but PERSONALY i have never seen one... To be honest, if I coudn't have a banshee I would probably buy a YFZ or a Raptor.. Especialy if Iam after "useable" power or great gas mileage..

RIPPEN

it comes down to where you ride and how you ride. If you ride in alot of open terrain and just like to screw around and have fun the Banshee is great.

If you do trails and MX and ride super aggressive and like to try to out ride your friends in any terrain the 250r is perfect. 250rs with big bore Pro-X jugs are extremelly fast too and cheap, i just got one for $430..not bad for 50HP. Plus 250rs have at leat 40 less pounds to lug around.

250rs with big bore Pro-X jugs are extremelly fast too and cheap, i just got one for $430..not bad for 50HP. Plus 250rs have at leat 40 less pounds to lug around.

Where did you get that jug so cheap. My friend is gonna be pissed cuz he just spent like 2K through ESR for everything (jug, piston, crank, pipe, head,carb, clutch, radiator etc...). The banshee is going to be a better all around bike if you ever go to the dunes even if you do ride tight trails the basnhee will be OK. While the 250r will excel in tight trails, get it out in the open (desert, dunes etc...) against a banshee and it will fall behind. And no matter which bike you get you're still gonna have to at least buy shocks.

Edited by letsgetthisdone