Sure, there stiff but will they explode?

Stomp77

I finally got my hands on some shiny newish 14 inch heavy duty shocks. They have only 4.1 inchs' of travel, compared to the banshee's 9.1inchs, my buddy thinks they will be waaay to stiff. but then again they are double valved and rated for around 1400+ pounds! I figured the stock banshee shocks to be good for at least 700 pounds or so. The new shocks are in the mail and were practically a gift. Built by Progressive they are supposed to be nice and smooth on golf-carts and such. I will have them to put on next week but alas, i am not finished with everything else yet on my banshee so I will not be able to mount them. SO, we are left to argue and I am wondering if he is right and this is going to be fubar when assembled, I keep thinking of the things he was saying like, crazy stiff! and bouncy as hell! A sort of scary mental image keeps forming of a super mega-bounce! Comin off a sweet jump.... then, WHAM I do a napoleon into the nearest hillside and or onlooker. Unfortunately there is no sand here and i am stuck dodging trees and small woodland creatures. My other friends are of two minds also, #1-wow you got a great deal those are sweet. #2- duh! you are retarded and they are going to be waaaaaaay to stiff and or you will bottom out and explode the valving on the first jump. I do admit it, I really like soaring thru the air, thus the trashed stockers. but after riding said friends highly modified 400ex and then another guys yfz 450 back to back I was at the time positively sure that stiffer was-is better for Huge landings. Anything is going to be an improvement over my blown stockers I guess. A happy chance brought me these progressives for pennies and I am stoked and over-exited to have my second to last piece!!!!!!!!!! I have been slowly re-building Everything since I dunno fall of '03,. I really miss riding! ahhhh crap i'm wasted, & rambling, no comment necessary *) but, All comments very much appriciated! Those in favor of the mega bounce say: Aye! those in favor of the exploding valves and busted shocks say nay...

Those would probably be great for duning (not jumping) and some drag racing.

You're going to feel like you're on a pogo stick otherwise....

If you plan on jumping....4 inches? You kidding me? I don't care how stiff they are....you might as well have just put struts on it....

:)