CPI's Installed but...

^

Haha. The chrome cant be any worse than the CPIs or the fattys.

In all honesty, my fattys had a better chrome finish than these CPIs.

How's the bottom end on the shearers? I keep readin that there is

no bottom, unless you have a good port job.

From the pics I have seen, the shearers look damn good.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as much bottom as CPI, most definately no bottom compared to Fatties.

If you're gonna dune and drag, these pipes are fine.

If you're gonna trail ride...they're not for you...but, then again...CPI really aren't either....

I've never rode a shee with CPIs....

I've rode plenty with Toomeys. Bills, Pro Circuits and FMF....

T5's are my favorite all around pipe...but, I was missing HP and breathing on my cub, and I got my pipes for a steal...so, there they are!

My CPIs fit like crap too. I have not had to put a dent in the left expansion chamber

yet. It cleared the stock head, but I had to put the spacer in as you did to keep the

pipe from rubbing on the verticle frame member right in front of the engine.

I also didnt have a problem with the silencers mounting to the expansion chambers.

How do your silencers look while mounted. Are they straight with your subframe?

Or are they crooked like this?

The quality of the CPIs are definately lacking. I was pissed untill i got down on em and

they performed better than the fatties that I had. I cant wait to see what they do with

my new motor.

What are your tires in that photo? I'm looking for a good set for dirt climbing without going the realtors route.

How's the bottom end on the shearers?

The time I rode a bike with shearers, it had no low end at all, and it was ported...but if you're looking for low end, it's time for a 4 stroke, LOL :beer: The top end with shearers was awesome though, the bike didn't want to stop pulling and like mentioned before, the powerband hit pretty hard. Shearers are the best top end inframe pipe that I've personally felt/ridden. I still like my out of frame GRR's better though, I about shit on myself the first time I pinned it with those on :baseball_bat: I need to build me another bike so I can put a set of Andy's inframes on there...I'm surprised to see no one here has tried them out yet :shrug:

I think they're too pricey...to be honest, Big Boy...

There's a real nice thread on PS...not painting a good picture of Andy...

There is no doubt Grand River makes some good stuff, but...a little humility would be nice...

I mean, c'mon...he might break both arms patting himself on the back...

ive ridden the cpi's before. they are definitly a top end pipe. i would say that the cpi's start pulling about when a stock pipe quits pulling.

they would be great for high speed stuff or duning, dragging, etc. but as a woods pipe, they are not good at all.

I think they're too pricey...to be honest, Big Boy...

There's a real nice thread on PS...not painting a good picture of Andy...

There is no doubt Grand River makes some good stuff, but...a little humility would be nice...

I mean, c'mon...he might break both arms patting himself on the back...

I agree, they are a little expensive, but high prices never stopped anyone from buying the good stuff before!!! :biggrin:

Yeah, I saw that thread, but I still think very highly of Andy and his work. There have been a few times I didn't really agree with what he was telling me, but in the end, he was always right. :shrug: A lot of those people that posted in the thread don't know Andy from a hole in the wall. He may be a little slow about getting things done, but it's well worth the wait; I can personally vouch for it. He deserves more respect than he gets

The time I rode a bike with shearers, it had no low end at all, and it was ported...but if you're looking for low end, it's time for a 4 stroke, LOL :beer: The top end with shearers was awesome though, the bike didn't want to stop pulling and like mentioned before, the powerband hit pretty hard. Shearers are the best top end inframe pipe that I've personally felt/ridden. I still like my out of frame GRR's better though, I about shit on myself the first time I pinned it with those on :baseball_bat: I need to build me another bike so I can put a set of Andy's inframes on there...I'm surprised to see no one here has tried them out yet :shrug:

Who's bike was that :beer:

Who's bike was that :beer:

Your banshee, of course :baseball_original: LOL, when I first got on it I was like... :baseball_whistle: then the powerband hit and I was like :baseball_bat: Those shearers are an awesome inframe pipe :headbang: I still love my small bore GRR's though, it's amazing how much they react with tuning...

MY TURN, MY TURN!!! I PURCHASED MY CPI'S ABOUT 1 YEAR AGO AND FINALLY GOT TO THE POINT OF PUTING THEM ON. I NOTICED THAT THE CHROME SUCKED SO FOR THAT REASON AND FOR A BETTER THERMAL BARRIER I HAD THE PIPES CERAMIC COATED. IT MIGHT NOT BE AS SHINNY AS CHROME BUT I PROMISE THAT THEY WILL LOOK BETTER IN 2 YEARS UNLIKE THE SHITTY CHROME JOB THEY PUT ON THEM NOW. THE WHOLE TIME I WAS TRYING TO SLIDE THE STINGER TUBE OVER THE PIPE I THOUGHT THE SHITTY FIT WAS DUE TO THE CERAMIC COATING (GUESS I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED ON HERE FIRST!) NEXT, I WAS LOOKING AT THE MOUNTS WELDED ON TO THE SILENCERS....NOW I AM A VERY EXPERIENCED CERTIFIED WELDER AND THOSE WELDS LOOKED LIKE SHIT NOT TO MENTION THAT ONE SILENCER MOUNT WAS ONLY TACKED. I HAD TO TAKE IT TO WORK AND TIG WELD IT MYSELF CAUSE I WAS AFRAID I WOULD NEVER SEE IT AGAIN IF I SHIPPED IT BACK. ALL IN ALL I HOPE THEY PERFORM GOOD AND MAKE ME SOME WHAT HAPPY I BOUGHT THEM. HERE IS A PIC OF HOW THEY LOOK AND HOW CLOSE MINE IS TO MY HEAD.

HOW CLOSE THEY CAME WITH HOW THEY BOLTED UP.

Gots a rancher 4 poke sittin along side the warrior out in the shed. I gots my banshee for

the speed rush. I will never waist my time trail riding my shee ever again. I dont even know

why i asked about the shearers having any bottom. Lol

I very may well end up with some shearers on my bike within the next week or so. Cause I

sure as hell aint pounding a fucking dent in a bran new set of 600 dollar pipes just to get

them to fit straight.

Travis, you still down for hookin up sometime? Jeff sent me a nice carepackage via the ups man

this morning. Gonna be puttin a banshee puzzle together this weekend. :headbang:

I have owend both GRR and Shearer currently .

your spot on and i fully agree... GRR"S have the bottom end and the powerband hits personally harder . But i can feel the top end differnce with the shearers. pulls harder up high, but still has absolutley NOOOOOOO bottom end .

Well I will have to post pics of my pipes the chrome looks very good! I snapped a few pics next to teh junk collection in my parents garage so I was not going to post them lol.

Definately way better than FMF's or shearers chrome.. I rode shearers and they had no bottom end at all but that can vary somewhat depending on the motor your running. His Shearers looked a bit better than my fattys nickle platng though. They also rub on his head but not as bad as my CPI's.

On my buddies 7 mil cub I didn't miss much bottom end compared to my 12-port with fattys, There was some less but his bike reved faster and the power band came on smoother than the shearers I rode, but pulled really hard on top which makes them a perfect dune pipe for me, I know I will lose some low end untill swtich to a stroker myself.

I think I'd still rather have these pipes than shearers even if the fit is a bit off and I had to put a small dent in them. If I was more into drag racing the shearers are an awesome pipe though. I'll ost some pics later tonight if you all can ignore the junk piles!

While putting (or trying) to put my Cpi pipes on my bike I think I muct have broke the record saying "UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE"

How are you getting your front exhaust hanger to hold up? mine keep breaking, I drilled holes through them and bolted them together.. needless to say the bolt break or loosen off(when i locktite, they break)... anyways its a bastard of a deal.. are the aftermarket ones stronger? i see some from rocky mountain that look good but they're not worth 60$ if they split or break the same way....

on the stock frame there are little pipe-stoppers just after the a-arms and on the one side my pipe taps it just at the right angle to miss the rubber stopper and hit the metal plate behind it... on the other side there must be a good 1 INCH! of clearence.. i think im going to take the grinder to that right after i post this and take the god forsaken mount and stopper it right off....My luck it will come flying up and take me in the eye....unfuckenbelievable..

I ground down the stock pipe tabs and touched up the paint with a little metalcast.

I drilled my stock hangers and they broke a few times untill I installed a graded bolt.

Oh yea, still no response from CPI..

Edited by Justintoxicated

Justin, don't waste time on header tape...go right to cascade, and get the heat shields.

Make sure you get the right ones for big bore or small bore pipes...here ya go.

http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...ORE_DEPT_ID=168

Those do work good. Note that they are thick so if your filters are very close to the mid-pipe it could cause some space issue's. My filters were scrunched together pretty good using them. Also the aluminum coating on them will flake pretty quick and sand and moisture will get into them. These were some issue's I couldn't stand so I just went and purchased some wrap. It's just as effective though it takes a little more time to put on.