Glamis passes!

Bansh88

Damn Banshy Bansh......your in sooooo many groups when are you going to have time to ride..............F**K IT..........Im bring'n pallets with nails in it :baseball_innocent:

I drinking beer out of bottles and not wearing pants. The rangers haven't stopped me yet. :angry:

I can't believe you guys have to pay for passes to ride dunes. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. The dunes I ride are free, no charge, they are clean, the BLM provides two dumpster trailers at the main parking lot and there are three (two brand new, last weekend) bathrooms at the main parking lot. I feel sorry for you guys. :huh:

I can't believe you guys have to pay for passes to ride dunes. That is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. The dunes I ride are free, no charge, they are clean, the BLM provides two dumpster trailers at the main parking lot and there are three (two brand new, last weekend) bathrooms at the main parking lot. I feel sorry for you guys. :huh:

My thoughts and feelings on the subject: The dunes you ride are small and do not have that many visitors comparably. The folks in Oregon have to pay as well to use their dunes. Technically, if you are not camping there, you do not have to pay. Califonians seem to be kind retarded as a populus. The same people that are environmental activists are also the people driving the gigantic SUV's that get 4 mpg. On the same note these are also the people that mandate dune closures, but never leave their house on the weekend. I think it may all boil down to alot of dumb people with too much money. :baseball_innocent:

My thoughts and feelings on the subject: The dunes you ride are small and do not have that many visitors comparably. The folks in Oregon have to pay as well to use their dunes. Technically, if you are not camping there, you do not have to pay. Califonians seem to be kind retarded as a populus. The same people that are environmental activists are also the people driving the gigantic SUV's that get 4 mpg. On the same note these are also the people that mandate dune closures, but never leave their house on the weekend. I think it may all boil down to alot of dumb people with too much money. :baseball_innocent:

My dunes are small?? LOL, you never been to KP. I see your point though. I feel sorry for people who live in california. Mostly because the guns.

edit: the gun laws.

Edited by BigRed350x

My dunes are small?? LOL, you never been to KP. I see your point though. I feel sorry for people who live in california. Mostly because the guns.

edit: the gun laws.

I am hust saying that KP is small compared to Glamis and Florence. The gun thing is not that big of deal for me since it is not illegal to own the guns in California, it is just illegal to guy some of them. I have my concealed pistol license here and own alot of guns. My pride and joy is an FAL setup for coyote shooting, but I have an AR15 that works good for that too. I moved here from Washington I can buy whatever I want there. The big downside for me is that I love hunting and I haven't found anyone to take me hunting here yet. :baseball_santa:

My assault rifle isn't "illegal", it's "undocumented".

Mine are all documented, but to my parents address in WA. There is no way to trace private sales of weapons in CA, that's why the law(s) are so retarded. I am a bit unclear on the .50 cal law here, but i have been having ah ard time letting the moths out my wallet for that any way. :baseball_mitt:

I still don't understand where you guys get off thinking KP is a small place. Its one of the biggest sand dunes in the country. Just as big if not bigger than St. A and WAY bigger than sand mountain. Our first set of dunes is over 10 miles front to back and 12 miles side to side, then go down a trail to the second set of dunes and its 11 miles front to back and 6 miles side to side. Glamis might be a huge place but you guys won't ever see a true razorback dune out there. I've never seen a video or picture that showed anything as steep as our dunes. You guys do have some really big hills down there, but none of them have the angles we have on ours. Our dunes just aren't as tall as other places. We do have some 3-400ft dunes though. That's plenty big to race up. There's just too many people down there for my tastes. I was the ONLY person at KP today and loved it.

I'm just glad its free and we don't have any kinda camping fees or anything. I'm sure if more people rode KP the BLM would find a way to charge for it. If they did charge for it I would just drive around to the back side of the dunes and come in that way. hehe

Edited by BigRed350x

I still don't understand where you guys get off thinking KP is a small place. Its one of the biggest sand dunes in the country. Just as big if not bigger than St. A and WAY bigger than sand mountain. Our first set of dunes is over 10 miles front to back and 12 miles side to side, then go down a trail to the second set of dunes and its 11 miles front to back and 6 miles side to side. Glamis might be a huge place but you guys won't ever see a true razorback dune out there. I've never seen a video or picture that showed anything as steep as our dunes. You guys do have some really big hills down there, but none of them have the angles we have on ours. Our dunes just aren't as tall as other places. We do have some 3-400ft dunes though. That's plenty big to race up. There's just too many people down there for my tastes. I was the ONLY person at KP today and loved it.

I'm just glad its free and we don't have any kinda camping fees or anything. I'm sure if more people rode KP the BLM would find a way to charge for it. If they did charge for it I would just drive around to the back side of the dunes and come in that way. hehe

I am not going to argue with ya, but Glamis, Pismo, and Florence that have some killer razor backs. I am not sure how they would compare. I haven't ridden at KP.

...............I have been to Glamis since I was a passanger in my Dads buggy at 5 months old..........now at 32, dunes are still closed on the North side.............so us Glamis riders have no clue what is out there............I sure would like to see it.................Red Im going to come ride with you some day..........your place does seem kick ass.................

It seems as though Glamis has changed in the last 10 years............dumb F**Ks......screwed it for everbody...........I guarantee more changes will soon follow!!

I am not going to argue with ya, but Glamis, Pismo, and Florence that have some killer razor backs. I am not sure how they would compare. I haven't ridden at KP.

I haven't been to glamis, pismo or florence so I can't talk from first hand experience. Everything I say is based off pictures and videos I've seen. I very well could be wrong. :beer:

...............I have been to Glamis since I was a passanger in my Dads buggy at 5 months old..........now at 32, dunes are still closed on the North side.............so us Glamis riders have no clue what is out there............I sure would like to see it.................Red Im going to come ride with you some day..........your place does seem kick ass.................

It seems as though Glamis has changed in the last 10 years............dumb F**Ks......screwed it for everbody...........I guarantee more changes will soon follow!!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to come down and ride the DUNES. Its the people that are there as well as the sand that I don't like. There are just too many people doing too many stupid things down there for my tastes. I would absolutely love to ride there though.

Any time you think you can make the trip here I would be more than happy to ride around with ya! I'll show you around our pile of sand. :clap:

The thing that makes ours so much more knarly is the winds we get here and how light the sand is. Its really not uncommon to get winds over 100mph that last for more than a couple days. Add that to some really soft sand and it makes some really cool formations out here. I've seen some crazy stuff right after winter. The snow gets down under the sand and freezes and the wind blows the surface sand away. Leaves big towers of sand, kinda like soemthing you would see in arizona or new mexico rock formations only its frozen sand.

Edited by BigRed350x