Rear Suspension Rules

BrianEb

If you have a +1 A-Arms up front would a general rule of thumb be to run a -2 swing arm in back?

or a -1 or keep it stock length?

I do some jumping on local neighborhood tracks and such also run on some pretty fast trails up north in MI.

Looking for some suggestions.

Some people go all the way to a -2, others like the -1. If you're going to be doing any kind of racing, or just riding xc, then shorter swingarms improve the handling. Helps get the power to the ground better, and makes it more responsive handling.

I would just get the -1 myself (one day I will). Every inch you shorten it, you lose travel. Probably not much though.

i think the conept is to move the weight back, pre se'.

by running a -1 swinger, and +2+1 arms the wheels, all around are 1 further toward the front, providing a better weight distribution.

someone correct me if im wrong.

You're right. The banshee is front heavy, and the problem there is it causes the quad to push in the corner and generally be unresponsive handling wise. And it causes there to be less weight on the rear tires, adding to the wheelspin problem. Extend the a-arms further forward, and shorten the swingarm, and you've effectively moved the center of mass 2" rearward.