Is this kid retarded?

MDK

Quote from some kid at yfzcentral

2004lebanshee

post Aug 1 2006, 09:57 PM

Post #11

Boreing doesn't really do anything power wise to a banshee almost as useless as a boost bottle (unless you get in to a big bore). Some well tuned 350cc banshees with good port jobs have hit in the 70's up to the 90 HP range ( some higer range numbers are on alky. At that point there really isn't any quad maxed to there full potental including a bore that can compare. When you get into big bore alky shee's it gets a little ridiculas the numbers and speed they put out.

This post has been edited by 2004lebanshee: Aug 1 2006, 10:00 PM

From a debate we got going on at yfz central about banshees and yfzs.

All i know is mod for mod my buddys 03 banshee beats my 06 yfz top speed.

http://www.yfzcentral.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=54658

Edited by MDK

No...I'd actually agree with him.

Realistically, with the right pipes and carbs...a well ported banshee I'd say on average gets about 60HP or so...

Bigger pipes, bigger carbs, more compression and more aggressive porting (dune or Drag porting) ...upper 70's is reachable, if not more, depending on the builder/tuner.

Boring a stock cylinder out to .080 over only gives you about 25cc's or so...

You buddy's banshee has 6 speeds and probably turns a 1000 or more RPMs.

They are also geared very differently....

After reading that post...I'd pretty much agree with what is said. Once you get past pipes alone, and start getting into porting, a banshee is hard to beat, except by another banshee...

Again, straight line, motor vs. motor. Any new 450 will blow by it on the track or trails all day long...

With two-strokes like the banshee you won't see significant gains through a slightly increased bore. Porting and/or added stroke+bore will give you more power than just an overbore. I've seen ported 350's run away from guys with the shitty trinity 404 big bore kits.

Its different with four strokes, a slightly bigger bore will show a little more gains than a two-stroke would with the same amount of bore increase.

i had vitos 404 big bore kit in my old shee,, and the thing ripped,, butt hen again I never rode a good ported 350, or a cub :shrug:

I'm pretty damn sure rippen's FAST 350 would eat a 404. We will have to go looking for one. LOL

cub... no comparison at all. No way the 404 could touch a cub.

If you rode a cub I don't think you would have that 404. haha I rode a cub once and had one 4 months later and will never go back.