HELP! WHAT TO DO

HEY GUYS I JUST PICKED UP A 2006 BANSHEE FOR POPS FOR HIS 50TH BIRTHDAY, TIME TO LET THE DIRTBIKE GO. BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO FIRST. DEFINITLY GOING TO PUT PIPES, JETS, AND FILTERS ON BUT SHOULD HE BREAK IT IN STOCK OR PUT FILTERS ON IT OR WHAT? WHAT ABOUT THAT THROTTLE RESTRICTOR OR WHATEVER IT IS (TORS) WHEN DO YOU PULL THAT OFF. WHAT RATIO DO YOU BREAK IT IN WITH, THE RECOMENDED 24:1 OR THE 32:1 WE PLAN ON RUNNING IT AT. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED KINDA NEW TO THIS BREAK IN THING AND THIS IS OUR FIRST BANSHEE.

THANKS

as far as the tors and filters and what not that wont hurt it to break it in with those... you can shange them right off the get go... but the ratio for break in needs to have more oil then normal so you get everything nice and lubricated while its being broken in... i ran mine VERY high i want to say like 16:1 but i went a lil over bored.. and my pipes had alot of oil build up after the 3rd session was done... just be sure to run it at idle for 3 20 min sessions and let it cool ALL THE WAY down before you run it again. after that you should be good

well depending on how much your looking to spend... you hit the nail on the head ,get new pipes and silencers , a new k&n and outerwear , pop the lid off the air box.. rejet it... get a tors override and get rid of that thing...get your self some new reed cages and reeds... VF3 if you want to spend that much... if not get some RAD vavles they arent as good as the VF3 but they are much better then stock...the list can go on and on... its all how much money your wallet will let you get..

HEY GUYS I JUST PICKED UP A 2006 BANSHEE FOR POPS FOR HIS 50TH BIRTHDAY, TIME TO LET THE DIRTBIKE GO. BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO FIRST. DEFINITLY GOING TO PUT PIPES, JETS, AND FILTERS ON BUT SHOULD HE BREAK IT IN STOCK OR PUT FILTERS ON IT OR WHAT? WHAT ABOUT THAT THROTTLE RESTRICTOR OR WHATEVER IT IS (TORS) WHEN DO YOU PULL THAT OFF. WHAT RATIO DO YOU BREAK IT IN WITH, THE RECOMENDED 24:1 OR THE 32:1 WE PLAN ON RUNNING IT AT. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED KINDA NEW TO THIS BREAK IN THING AND THIS IS OUR FIRST BANSHEE.

THANKS

I would break it in with the stk stuff.I usually run a little richer on the oil for breakin maybe 24/1 for the first tank and then back to the usuall 32/1.The first mod imo would be the pipes and pod filters at the same time to save on the jetting.Next would be a noss head with what ever domes you choose,This will be a much better and more noticable mod than the vforce for the money,im not saying vforce are a bad mod just that on nearly stk machines the money can be far better spent.I would go as far as saying that for the price of vforce you can get a clean up port job with better gains.

The first mod imo would be the pipes and pod filters at the same time to save on the jetting.Next would be a noss head with what ever domes you choose,This will be a much better and more noticable mod than the vforce for the money,im not saying vforce are a bad mod just that on nearly stk machines the money can be far better spent.I would go as far as saying that for the price of vforce you can get a clean up port job with better gains.

i agree with parts of this .. as far as the porting goes you would see a major gain how ever your going to spend much more to get that done not only that you have to take the jugs out and send them off if you cant do it your self and wait for them to come back... on a stock bike or nealry stock i should say, the noss head with domes is not needed.. that motor isnt putting out that much hp ... now if you went down and dirty and stroked it and what not then yes its a must but not a stock bike... either way if you go pipes and pods do them together like he said so you dont have to rejet both times.. same goes for the reeds u might want to get all 3 if your going to get them ... some times you need to rejet for the reeds other times you are good just moving the clip ... when i put my new reeds i saw a great deal of improvment on my stock bike.. or almost stock at the time...

Thanks for all your advice guys. From what i've heard so far we'll break it in running 24:1 stock. After break-in he's going to put on pipes, filters, vf3's and remove the tors. I'm pretty sure he's going to be happy with the power that stuff adds and will probaly leave the motor alone for awhile. with that said he's leaning towards the cpi's but will that be a good choice for those list of mods. he likes the pipes as loud and as fast as possible no less than tear jerking insane throttle response and a mid range that will make most shit there pants. but not sure if he'll ever port it or anything.

:headbang:

I got to throw my .02 in here.... (Sorry...bored at work)...

There are plenty of schools of thought for break in.

I never run more oil than I plan to run day to day. I start it up, heat cycle it 2 or 3 times, retourque everything, and beat the piss out of it. I run 40:1 day in, day out.

I don't belong to that school of thought more oil to break it in, no more than half throttle...no wide open for so long...

You can remove all the crap now or later, it doesn't matter either way. What does matter is to have the correct jetting installed once you do get pipes, air filters, porting...whatever.

I also disagree with some of this above.

A NOSS head with smaller domes is a great mod for a stock or highly modded engine. The bump in compression is noticeable all around.

However...you need to make sure you're comfortable with running a mix of race/pump gas, or race gas by itself. Normally...22cc (stock) domes are fine with pump gas, as are 21cc. After that, you need to check compression to see where you fall.

VForce reeds aren't a good bang for the buck on a stock motor... Once you buy pipes, air filter and air box mods and get porting, they really start to shine.

Don't forget about the cheap and easy to do mods, too. Shave the flywheel and get an advanced timing plate. Both are cheap and noticeable as well...and they're half the price of reed cages.

You do understand that CPIs are a drag style pipe, right? If you're gonna port it, etc., good choice. If you just gonna drag race, run wide open roads and dune it, good choice.

They would not be my first choice for trail riding....or farting around, though.

What type of riding is your 50 year old dad gonna do? Going from a power everywhere dirtbike to a top end screamer like a 'shee is a whole new animal.

I'd pick T5s or FMF SST's over CPIs...unless he's ready to go screaming....