Stock Air box, and K&N?

I wan't a K&N Air Filter, but Magic has them for 40$, but for the proflo too, they go up to 100..... I just can't justify 60bucks for some little metal bracket.. My airbox lid is still on, but it's totally cut, as in you can see right through it, it's just the rim around it, and it still has the little plastic thing holding the stock filter. Is there anyway I could just buy the K&N filter, and use the stock setup to seal it??? THanks.

yes you can as long as u keep the ring clamped down and u follow the steps that will come wit the k&n filter u will be ok lot of ppl do this and it works mint

hope this helps :ninja:

Glenn

I wan't a K&N Air Filter, but Magic has them for 40$, but for the proflo too, they go up to 100..... I just can't justify 60bucks for some little metal bracket.. My airbox lid is still on, but it's totally cut, as in you can see right through it, it's just the rim around it, and it still has the little plastic thing holding the stock filter. Is there anyway I could just buy the K&N filter, and use the stock setup to seal it??? THanks.

Throw that pos airbox away.Get you some pods youll be much happier,they flow better and make pretty much anything yo do to your bike easier.

do not throw the airbox away.. your bike will only suck so much air.. removing the airbox only lets more dirt on the filter, thus more dirt in your motor.. the lid can go..

i have an extra adapter i would sell you for $20 if i find it..

RILS, I have a tendancy to go through water sometimes, and/or mud... so I'm afraid to do that to it. Anyway, Thanks for the quick responses, guess that's what I'll do then!

Yea if you get in a lot of water you might need the box.But other than that its a real piece.

do not throw the airbox away.. your bike will only suck so much air.. removing the airbox only lets more dirt on the filter, thus more dirt in your motor.. the lid can go..

i have an extra adapter i would sell you for $20 if i find it..

Yes it does suck more air. more air+more fuel=more power and from my expierance the pods filter just as well as anything especially with the outerwears.

more air to a certain extent.. maybe on a dragster.. in his case and most people who offroad there quad its not worth it.. way to much dirt on the filters. removing the lid gives you as much extra air as needed.. more air with less filtration+more fuel(which you dont get by removing the airbox)=more power with more dirty air....

If you get stock replacement K&N (not the Pro Flow), you can drilll holes through the stock filter holder and the airbox and zip tie or bolt them together, allowing you to get rid of the lid without the filter falling off.

Take the stock filter out saw off the cage part there plenty enough left to mount the filter then drill 2 holes thru the top of the white plastic part and and the airbox attach it to the inside of the airbox. same setup as a proflow with the cash expense.