Getting a new banshee

jakehopt

Soon i'm g etting my first banshee, hopefully within this month...I have a few questions...

My banshee will have it's main use in open area/bumpy open area...

The banshee i'm getting is a fully stock 06, i'm just wondering if you have any part suggestions that I should change from stock to better in that area.

Thanks

Soon i'm g etting my first banshee, hopefully within this month...I have a few questions...

My banshee will have it's main use in open area/bumpy open area...

The banshee i'm getting is a fully stock 06, i'm just wondering if you have any part suggestions that I should change from stock to better in that area.

First thing you need is a Pro Flow plate of some sort for the air filter. This is an aftmkt plate that converts the air filter to a better clamp on style. The stocker is very prone to leaking and doing damage. You can get them from Pro Design and I think Noss Machine, a site sponsor has them.

Tires will help, the banshee is very much a tire spinner. Hook up is key.

If you think the stock power is good, then go for it. If you want more, consider a set of pipes. FMF Fatties are killer pipes that work well with future mods should you go further, have good low end great mid and still good top, not too mention they're pretty economical.

Pretty much most mods are preferencial. As to what pipes, what tires, etc.

To sum, get the air filter plate, good tires and some pipes and you'll be rocking. Another thing I'd consider after the pipes, is a 15 tooth front sprocket. It'll make it easier to keep in the powerband and help out in the open.

First thing you need is a Pro Flow plate of some sort for the air filter. This is an aftmkt plate that converts the air filter to a better clamp on style. The stocker is very prone to leaking and doing damage. You can get them from Pro Design and I think Noss Machine, a site sponsor has them.

Tires will help, the banshee is very much a tire spinner. Hook up is key.

If you think the stock power is good, then go for it. If you want more, consider a set of pipes. FMF Fatties are killer pipes that work well with future mods should you go further, have good low end great mid and still good top, not too mention they're pretty economical.

Pretty much most mods are preferencial. As to what pipes, what tires, etc.

To sum, get the air filter plate, good tires and some pipes and you'll be rocking. Another thing I'd consider after the pipes, is a 15 tooth front sprocket. It'll make it easier to keep in the powerband and help out in the open.

Sounds good man, thanks, but what's the toothage on the stock front sprocket?

Sounds good man, thanks, but what's the toothage on the stock front sprocket?

14 is stock. going up to a 15 on the front will spread the gears out some and keep you from shifting quite so much, but you'll need pipes to pull the taller gear properly. a lot of people will tell you to gear down, but trust me, that'll have you shifting like crazy and make you work harder. Not too mention, you'll accelerate faster and top out higher, just better overall. A 15 tooth on the front is the ticket for a piped banshee.

Edited by sredish

14 is stock. going up to a 15 on the front will spread the gears out some and keep you from shifting quite so much, but you'll need pipes to pull the taller gear properly. a lot of people will tell you to gear down, but trust me, that'll have you shifting like crazy and make you work harder. Not too mention, you'll accelerate faster and top out higher, just better overall. A 15 tooth on the front is the ticket for a piped banshee.

Awesome, sounds good.