YFZ shocks on a banshee.

I ve noticed that some of you guys are running YFZ shocks on you bansee. How do they work?

Are they a direct bolt on? or is there sometype of modification that needs to be done?

does it change the stance of the bike? or are these shocks the same dimentions as

the banshee stocks?

I ve noticed that some of you guys are running YFZ shocks on you bansee. How do they work?

Are they a direct bolt on? or is there sometype of modification that needs to be done?

does it change the stance of the bike? or are these shocks the same dimentions as

the banshee stocks?

NO THEY ARE NOT DO NOT THERES INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAT WHICH SOME ONE MADE. GO TO SUSPENSION SECTION

I have them on my Banshee and love them. I had them with stock a-arms and now with +2 +1 and they work even better!

a-arns004.jpg

They will do ok with just +2 arms. Why don't you have +2+1? It would be dumb not to get that extra inch forward.

i just got mine today im going to run them on stock arms and ill let you know what there like. oh and i do plan on getting +2+1 J-arms

I am running the YFZ 450 front shocks on stock a-arms right now and they are reaaaaaaly stiff but I weight 270 so they work for me. They are longer than the stock shocks so they will raise the height an inch or so in the front. I like the increase in ground clearence, I rarely drag the frame over obsticles now. They would probably work much better on +2 a-arms for most people. They are a big pain in the ass to install in the stock a-arms due to the shockl being to long, I had to unhook the top a-arm from the spindle to bolt it in, and then compress it a little to bolt the top a-arm back to the spindle. You also have to do a little grinding to the upper and lower shock mount and to the lower shock eye to make them fit.

i like mine really well so far. rebound is in the stock position, and the compression clicker is 8 clicks in; on stock arms. im probably going to put some more preload in them as well, i just need to remember to bring home a spanner wrench from the shop. i could use a punch/hammer combo, but ill wait for the right tools.

i cant wait to tear them down either. after doing my rear, im really pumped about doing my fronts also. new valves and springs should be pretty awesome once its all said and done.