Ebay ported cilinder jugs from Hi-tech Horsepower

Hello guys,

I found these jugs on ebay for sale and I am interested in buying some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-350-...sspagenameZWD2V

Anybody know them?

I's a 65mm bore, how many times can I bore it before they are wasted?

They claim 75hp - 86hp, is that bullshit or possible?

Should I buy this or .040 overbored Gore Wood ported jugs?

WFG

Frederick :baseball_original:

THX for the answers,

Id steer clear, 85 hp on gas ain't happening, and 75 hp is doubtful. All depends on the dyno though, Trinity's dyno reads really high, but I don't think even they would advertise those kind of numbers.

My guess, some guy has a set of templates, or just tries to copy someone else's work.

Gore ported cylinders would be a better investment IMO.

most I go is .080 over before I resleeve

What is resleeving, is that expensive, can It be done many times, also with ported cilinders?

.080 over is 66mm bore right?

So i can bore it 2 times before resleeving?

GRTZ

Fre

Hello guys,

I found these jugs on ebay for sale and I am interested in buying some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-350-...sspagenameZWD2V

Anybody know them?

I's a 65mm bore, how many times can I bore it before they are wasted?

They claim 75hp - 86hp, is that bullshit or possible?

Should I buy this or .040 overbored Gore Wood ported jugs?

WFG

Frederick :baseball_original:

THX for the answers,

I would not spend that kind of cash on a set of basically used set of ported oem cylinders.Ive not really heard much about the porting by this guy ,but you can take your time and find a set of used cylinders from a known bulider for way less rhan that.Look in the forsale here and at planetsand and ebay and you should beable to pick some up reasonable.I think there a set of trinity bigbore stage 4 cylinders in the forsale section here now for 375 with pistons.Ive seen a set of cylinders set up the same as this and they ran pretty decent but i here trintys porting verys so the one i seen could be a fast set or a slow set but eathier way it did run decent.I hope this helps.

Yeah...I call BS.

For a few hundred more, you could have a Cub Cylinder, and is very capable of producing those numbers by just bolting them on.

I do agree though, it does depend on your carbs and pipes.

I can also buy some used 65mm bore gore wood ported cylinders for +/-250 dollars.

What's or who's BS?

I am also interested in those cub cilinders, what do you have to buy if you run the std stroke, crank?

Do I only have to buy the cub and just slide it over my stock pistons?

Who's got the best prices on those and is willing to send them to belgium?

What hp numbers to they produce with let's say, std pistons, std bore, std carbu's and a 20cc noss coolhead and some nice pipes?

What hp numbers will the gore ported cylinders +/- produce with same setup?

What will be my best choice?

SRR for all the questions but I am new to that kind of stuff.

THX :baseballcap_blue:

Frederick

I can also buy some used 65mm bore gore wood ported cylinders for +/-250 dollars.

Since Eric Gorr is no longer in the states, I have a feeling a lot of cylinders will be "bearing his name" that actually aren't his cylinders. I'd be weary of buying and "Gorr" cylinders unless you know and trust the individual...

What's or who's BS?

75 to 85 out of those cylinders...on ebay.

I am also interested in those cub cilinders, what do you have to buy if you run the std stroke, crank?

Do I only have to buy the cub and just slide it over my stock pistons?

Yep, pretty much. Make sure you match up the bore with the pistons you plan on running.

Who's got the best prices on those and is willing to send them to belgium?

Good question there. I'd PM some members here...that shipping will prolly kill ya.

Jeff at FAST racing is my man. Jim at Passion. Redline racing... I'd bet someone will send you a set....good luck there.

What hp numbers to they produce with let's say, std pistons, std bore, std carbu's and a 20cc noss coolhead and some nice pipes?

Nice pipes is an open statement. I'd say around 70HP give or take, since you said standard bore, stock carbs and I assume you mean stock stroke as well. Cubs love timing. If you got a timing plate and bumped it up to +7 (make sure you have good race gas to run to be safe) you can easily get a couple of ponies.

What hp numbers will the gore ported cylinders +/- produce with same setup?

No clue, but...I'd bet for woods and trail riding, it'd be easier to ride than a cub out of the box.

What will be my best choice?]

Whatever you can afford that suits your riding style...

SRR for all the questions but I am new to that kind of stuff.

THX :baseballcap_blue:

Frederick

THX man for all those answers !! :clap:

I still got one question, if I buy those gore ported jugs, and I want to make them shine, how can I achieve that without hurding the inside of the jugs?

Sandblasting and polish?

THX ;)

Stuff a rag to fill each cylinder.

Cut a circle of cardboard to to the circumference of the cylinder, place one on top and bottom, then tape both ends off.

Now....that's just my idea shooting from the hip. There are plenty on here that have blinged the shit out of their bikes.

RNBRAD and BIGBOYBANSHEE if you guys read this...any tips for this fellow rider?

They both have so much chrome/polished stuff on their bikes...it really scares me...:)