yfz 450 shocks?

liquedfire

Yeah, put one washer on each side of the control arm mount instead of the dust caps. The upper control arms are mounted the same as a stock 450 but they do come dam close to the shock, due to the larger diameter of the coil spring, made a world of difference. After I sold all of my stock parts the swap including the calipers cost me about $75? bucks not including the new powder coating. I compared width of the front suspension to my buddy's 700r and my shee is about 2 maybe 3 inches wider in the front and handles better than I ever expected.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much wider is your front end than a stock banshee and did you use the yzf tie rods also? And do yfz ball joints go with this conversion? Sorry if my questions are stupid, I don't know anything about front suspension conversions, but my wife does find me attractive!

Edited by rkc

I guess I never really measured before and after but I would have to say when I compared the arms (It's been about a year since I did this) it looked like the 450 control arms where about 2 inches wider and about 1-1.5 inches farther forward. I still have the stock spindles/steering knuckles the 450 ball joints (tapered ends) fit right into the steering knuckle. As far as the tie rods go, I got +2 longer tie rods with a heim joint conversion (ebay).

I had to adjust the tension on the coil springs using the adjustable collars, to give it a little more clearance and to compensate for my weight.

Here are some pics of the finished product.

Front end view

I put a 1 gallon paint can under it to give some sort of reference for height.

Edited by Long Rod Todd

The front end looks good. I didn't think any major frame modification was needed like the other guys were saying. I remember seeing someone else doing this conversion and didn't recall them cutting any section of the frame.

If I could find a complete YFZ front end for cheap I'd definately set my Banshee up with it, I can't justify thousands of dollars on my Banshee's suspension as I don't use the suspension to it's fullest potential - that's what the YFZ is for.

Has anyone heard of running the complete front end of the YFZ? Arms, tie-rods, spindles, etc. I tried doing a search for a complete YFZ front end but didn't find anything. I would think that'd be the best setup as you'd get the wider front for cheaper than aftermarket.

I've heard Calipers and hubs are a direct fit.

There is a link in hear with instrucions & pictures of where you need to cut! Go diggin for it!

Does anybody know if stock yfz450 front brake lines will convert to my banshee with yfz450 a arms?

sorry to answer my own question, but I found a good pic that shows stock lines go to a single line. Unlike banshee's

Edited by rkc