Carb slides

I was out riding my quad today on the trails/mud and all of a sudden the motor revs to its wits end so I shut it off and get pulled back to the truck. Take the side covers off my carbs and play around with it and the slide dropped down. Started it up and it worked fine. Took it for another ride and had no other problems. Now my question is, whats the easiest way to clean my slides? take my carbs right off and clean them right out or would a aresol carb cleaner work( or is that not recomended for a 2 stroke)?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If they both stuck open I would look at the junction where the cables come together or the single part of the cable for kinks or rust. Spray some penetrating oil down from the top at the throttle.

aresol carb cleaner will do the trick. Also check the small key in the slide bore, I had one come loose and back out, the slide would turn and get hung up on the idle adjust.