Slides not opening at the same time

There's a six sided head on top of the carb cap that you adjust. You need to play with both of them to adjust so that they are sync. You can purchase a tool to help it to sync but save the money and listen very closely and you can hear it close. It'll tick. If they are not synced, you'll hear two clicks. Adjust until you hear one. Not hard to do.

for whatever reason, my clymer's sais to only adjust the left side adjuster on top of the carbs, :shrug: that's how i did mine. i usually get a light and look through the intake box and watch the slides move as you lightly tap the throttle and see that they move together, also double check the sight windows in the side of the carbs.

the screws on the tors box are more for idle adjustment- turn them equally as needed.

Edited by MILO

man i would get rid of the tors system.........and just put some tops on it and a new cable they sell a kit for it and i am sure jeff at fast has one or can get one.thats what i would do those things are a headache

i also got one of those tools from jeff works great takes the guess out of it......

The brand name tool you are talking about is a UNI-Sync, at like the eBay link says it was made for multiple carb engines, most commonly VW's. And they most certainly take all the guessing out of it. It essentially measures the flow of air into the carb, and if your slides are not sync'd you'll see that variation. You know, TORS isn't really that bad of a system as it gets a rap for. I ran my TORS for several years with no problem. The only reason why I ditched it was because the tops made it inconvenient when I re-jetted, and now it is much cleaner in there.

The brand name tool you are talking about is a UNI-Sync, at like the eBay link says it was made for multiple carb engines, most commonly VW's. And they most certainly take all the guessing out of it. It essentially measures the flow of air into the carb, and if your slides are not sync'd you'll see that variation. You know, TORS isn't really that bad of a system as it gets a rap for. I ran my TORS for several years with no problem. The only reason why I ditched it was because the tops made it inconvenient when I re-jetted, and now it is much cleaner in there.

I also find this on the net for synchronizing the carbs, I think it's a very good tool.

http://www.carbtune.com/

But where can you connect the hoses with an OEM mikuni carburator I don't know.

Anybody?

Those hoses are most likely vacuum lines, which banshees don't use.

Some 4 stroke motorcycles (and possibly ATVs) use vacuum instead of the throttle cable to open the slides...it works off a diaphram...

That tool posted above is about half the price and works perfect...