Dragging

Who really gives a sh!t?????? It's fun for about 3 min then it gets old and boring. I have beat people and people have beat me. What does it really say about anything?? It takes ALMOST no skill to do and can be learned very quickly, and if you got a lot of money you can be the fastest around. So what if you have a bunch of money, that dont say sh!t about your skill as a rider.

what does drag racing prove if you do all your own work?

1) do you really know how to put your bike together?

2) do you know how to tune you bike right?

3) do you know how to match up performance mods to work together?

thats about it, all of which can be learned with enough pratice. So it still doesnt mean much other than you have more time into it than someone else. Anyone can get good at doing all that is required to drag race given enough time and money.

I just find it funny how much trash talking and feelings get hurt over drag racing when it dont mean sh!t!! And for those who will say sounds like someones been getting spanked, your wrong, but who cares anyway if I was, I dont. If you want to drag race me thats fine I will take on anybody, but my "drag race" track is 75 miles long and takes about an hour and half to get to the other end so be ready to ride a little more than 5 sec!!!!

Ok...you've come to a site, dedicated to Banshees.

Arguably the best drag racing quad ever built.

That's like going to a Ford site, and saying piss on Mustangs....you obviously don't get it.

If you don't like drag racing...that's fine. To each is own. Go buy a four stroke..trail ride and be happy.

Coming to a Banshee site and putting down drag racing and all those who partake is plain stupid, period.

It's about pride, competition and sportsmanship. Something you don't understand, obviously...

Sure, feelings get hurt. Don't you have any siblings? Didn't you hurt their feelings or get yours hurt at one time or another?

We're all brothers and sisters on this site. Some we're fond of...other we're not...but, it's a family...period.

I've been to Silver Lake and sat where they drag for hours. Racing some, BSing some... It's like going to car show. Sometimes the BSing and stories are as much fun as the riding...

You're seriously mistaken if you think drag racing skills can be learned easily... Different mods, different bikes, different riding conditions...all play a part. Some people have a natural talent for it, others have to work harder at it.

Go take your banshee on that 75 mile trip and hold it WOT...you'll be back soon asking how to build it or what went wrong...

not putting down dragging, just all the crying and whinning that goes along with it. And if you think it takes a huge amout of skill to drag race try getting off flat ground for a while and your banshee will show you where you are lacking in skill when it throws you off. I said ALMOST no skill to drag, there is skill involved for sure but 95% of the sport is what the machine can do.

Ok...I see your point. The crying and whining can and has gotten out of hand a few times...but, MOST of the time, it's clean fun and competition.

I'll agree on ashphalt or street, it doesn't take quite as much skill.

But...drag racing at the dunes or in sand/dirt sure does.

I've seen a lot lesser bikes beat ones it shouldn't...and it was all skill...

I haven't cried or whined over a drag race with my 'shee.

It's usually the other guy, mainly the ones that dont have a banshee

and call you out. You guys know what I'm talkin' about? The people

that call you out that are either riding some kind of new 4 stroke or

p/u truck, camaro ect.....

Last 20 times I took my banshee out for a ride, I had some punks always stop

and wanna drag race or some shit. And they think I have all kinds of shit done

to my engine and alcohol race fuel and the like. You gotta admit its pretty

funny the look on their faces when you put em in their place.

I think it definately takes skill to be able to do any kind of racing.

not putting down dragging, just all the crying and whinning that goes along with it. And if you think it takes a huge amout of skill to drag race try getting off flat ground for a while and your banshee will show you where you are lacking in skill when it throws you off. I said ALMOST no skill to drag, there is skill involved for sure but 95% of the sport is what the machine can do.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way man...I don't think you have any idea about hom much work is involved in setting up the chassis as well as tuning the engine. Sure, racing in a straight line isn't difficult, rider does make a huge difference though...but it's not just about that. It's about extracting the absolute most you can out of the machine and being consistent with it. Making the slightest adjustments can shave multiple tenths of a second off your times. I've been running the exact same setup this year and have managed to drop my 1/8 mile times by almost 2 seconds just by making minor adjustments...and I still have room for improvement.

There's a lot more to it than you think...

Not to mention, when you start suffering from back/knee injuries like I have been, you can't just hop on a quad and run laps around a track. Drag racing is something I'm getting into because I don't want to give up my banshee, and I physically can't ride like I used to. You should really take shit like that into consideration before you start bashing something I and others have grown to love.

And for the record, my friend and I do all the work on my banshee. I don't pay some engine builder to do it and ship me the "finished product". I'm out there every week wrenching on my shit to get the most out of it

I'll agree on ashphalt or street, it doesn't take quite as much skill.

But...drag racing at the dunes or in sand/dirt sure does.

I've seen a lot lesser bikes beat ones it shouldn't...and it was all skill...

How is sand or dirt any different than alsphalt? I don't understand how the terrain justifies a difference in the amount of "skill" it takes to drag race :huh:

BigBoy...

I think you'll agree...ashphalt or pavement offers a more consistent surface time after time.

Sand or dirt...changes with just about every race. I'm sure you'll agree most races are won with the holeshot...given bikes and riders of similar status.

Sure...on a drag strip (pavement) one lane might be a little different than the other...but, dirt or sand varies more so.

That being said...being steady on the clutch and gas takes more finnesse (skill) in dirt or sand than pavement. It's the difference between a good launch, sitting on your grab bar or digging in up to your axle.

I know...launching on pavement is just as important...but I think it is a little easier to master...

just my .02

:beer:

You hit the nail right on the head.. I had one assclown call me out to race, lined up with looked at the rezzie from my rear elka , then had the nerve to back down... Clams I was running noss :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I haven't cried or whined over a drag race with my 'shee.

It's usually the other guy, mainly the ones that dont have a banshee

and call you out. You guys know what I'm talkin' about? The people

that call you out that are either riding some kind of new 4 stroke or

p/u truck, camaro ect.....

Last 20 times I took my banshee out for a ride, I had some punks always stop

and wanna drag race or some shit. And they think I have all kinds of shit done

to my engine and alcohol race fuel and the like. You gotta admit its pretty

funny the look on their faces when you put em in their place.

I think it definately takes skill to be able to do any kind of racing.

You hit the nail right on the head.. I had one assclown call me out to race, lined up with looked at the rezzie from my rear elka , then had the nerve to back down... Clams I was running noss :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

Nitrogen, Nitrous Oxide...same family, right?? :baseball_shocked:

:beer:

I love drag racing and I love to Jump and I love to ride trails I like to do it all But like one of the other guys said not everybody is young and spry like us and all they can do is drag race. Hell man u cant blame them for that> they are still out their on their shee making shit happen anyway they can. The guys that do that they probably forgot more shit than I know right now about shee's. I guess what i am trying to say is when I am to old to go jumping and trail riding as hard as I do now, Guess where I will bee. Yep out there draging with the other old boys just my .02