421 Cheetah Cub Dyno

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...&page=0&fpart=2

Link has my dyno chart attached to it.

Thought some of you might be interested in it.

I've also attached it here incase some of you aren't PS members.

Regards,

Buttermilk

Edited by Buttermilk421

Cool beans...

Are they PWKs or Air Strykers...I'm confused...:)

I'm hoping for 90ish with mine...just added 35PWKs myself... Very simple clean up port and I matched the cases myself...

Hit 84.8 with stock carbs and T5s...hoping for 90 with the 35's.

Gonna pick up some Shearers next...

They are 35 PWK Air Stryker carbs (both). Keihin makes both a PWK and a PWK Air Stryker version. I have the PWK A/S version.

Who's dyno did you dyno on?

With some Shearer pipes, you'll probably be in the 90'ish range.

I think I can be in the mid 90's easily just by dropping two sizes on the main jet. 3 years ago, on another motor setup that was close to the same A/F ratio as my cub is currently, I picked up 8 HP just by jetting alone.

I would really like to add some 38 PWK A/S carbs or even some 39 PWK's along with some different pipes. I think I could come very close to the 100 HP mark on gas.

I've got some 35 PWK A/S carbs set up to run alcohol also (would like to have some bigger ones.....)

The Shearer pipes are probably worth about 3 HP or so over the CPI's, if your talking inframe versions.

There are some out frame pipes that may even be about 6-7 HP better or so.

My quad gets flattracked about as often as it gets drag raced (probably more so), so I really want to stay with the inframes...

Dynoedge in Ortonville, MI...

Guys there are cool as hell, very knowledgeable and great to deal with...

On stock carbs...I was amazed with 85. I think with the 35's I should already be at 90...mid 90's once I get inframe Shearers...on gas, of course...:)

And that's just with a cleanup port. I know I'd be over 100 with a drag port and Shearers...:)

was this a 5th gear roll on? seems like you got good HP but was the torque really only 46? couldnt really read it. that seems a little low. even for cpis. then again could the the airstrikers.

It was dyno'd in 5th. Re-read the chart. The peak numbers are below the hp/tq lines. Peak HP was 90.86 and peak TQ was 49.34. The other numbers are relative to 9700 RPM, not PEAK.

It was also running rich on the AFR (12.7), which re-jetting to ~13.5 on the AFR would pick up the numbers a bit, probably at least 3-4 HP and ~2 ft-lbs TQ, maybe even more (previous dyno sessions on a different motor netted 8 HP with jetting alone with similar AFR numbers.....)

You can hold your mouse/cursor over the chart for a moment and then click on the enlarge button to view the chart full size for easier reading.

Edited by Buttermilk421