Fair Price on Roll Design arms

IamKazam

Looking on ebay I came across a set of used chrome roll design a-arms w/tierods and ball joints. They're in excellent shape (chrome is perfect, no dents, rust, scrathes) and the guy said that they came off his show bike. What would be a fair price to offer for the arms?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He accepted 250.00 for the stem, plus he will cover shipping cost.

Now, If I can get him to accept 650-700 for the arms which I think isn't to bad. I asked him what length shocks he used and this was his reply, "the axis shocks I had on them were 15-1/2 inch ctr to ctr" Im pretty sure those are not long travel, but not 100% sure.

"You have to use long travel shock with this front end. Elka is the shock company that we recommend do to all of our development with" straight from roll design

Those shocks are LT.. crop a pic of your frontend and put it next to that one.. you'll see the difference... Those are were actually better than I was expecting for e-bay.... 650$ is still tops though... mainly b/c roll stuff is overpriced to begin with.... Not to mention another 800+ for some LT banshee shocks... Just something to kick around... You are definately in the right track for you 'shee... I'm still against the LT setup on them though....

Just a thought.. you could get some BRAND NEW quicksand arms for 550 plus shipping with chrome uppers... 600$ for full chrome... then drop about 750$ on a decent set of used shocks and a rebuild for them... have a whole new front end for about the price that's gonna cost you when it's all said and done... You can usally pick up a used aftermarket rear for about 500$ too...

Mike

Those shocks are LT.. crop a pic of your frontend and put it next to that one.. you'll see the difference... Those are were actually better than I was expecting for e-bay.... 650$ is still tops though... mainly b/c roll stuff is overpriced to begin with.... Not to mention another 800+ for some LT banshee shocks... Just something to kick around... You are definately in the right track for you 'shee... I'm still against the LT setup on them though....

Just a thought.. you could get some BRAND NEW quicksand arms for 550 plus shipping with chrome uppers... 600$ for full chrome... then drop about 750$ on a decent set of used shocks and a rebuild for them... have a whole new front end for about the price that's gonna cost you when it's all said and done... You can usally pick up a used aftermarket rear for about 500$ too...

Mike

I agree. While they say those are long travel, you aren't actually getting any more travel you know right? A 3/4" longer shock will do absolutely nothing more than cost you more money cuz they get to call it long travel. While Roll stuff is nice, its overpriced. Buy a set of somebody elses a-arms, and get a pair of normal shocks, and save yourself a few hundred bucks.