new 250r owner here

I got a 86' 250r the other day in pretty nice condition, guy wanted 2800 for it. traded a 2000 cr 125 and some cash for it. its in really good clean shape. guy said the transmission been overhauled and a fresh top and bottom end. its got aftermarket aluminum wheels, new holeshots. extended aftermarket swingarm and carrier. chassis skidplate, fmf sliencer and stock pipe.

but I cant believe how slow this thing feels. we draged with the banshee and it just ate it up big time. this thing feels like a blaster :lol: . but its got a ton of torque and low end, you can lug around in 3rd and 4th easy.

so whats a good all around pipe for these? I was looking at a bills, fmf, or procurcit, or esr all-around pipe or their drag pipe for some extra topend. would a topend pipe take any power away from the lowend? cause I wanna have a nice trail bike and still have some good pull for drags.

Before I got rid of my 87 250r ,I had two pipes for it. One was a Esr trx11(my motor had a pretty good build on it to use that pipe, port and polish ext) and the other was an Lrd. When I trail rode I used the lrd and used the esr for about 90% of the time. Both were goods pipes but if you are going to be trail riding alot dont get an esr trx11. I would get an lrd if I was you

We have had great results with the ESR trx 5 for all around power. Much more power than fmf or the others you mentioned. Made alot more power everywhere when compared to the LRD!

We have had great results with the ESR trx 5 for all around power. Much more power than fmf or the others you mentioned. Made alot more power everywhere when compared to the LRD!

Watch out though buying something from Jeff. He is likely to go and talk shit behind your back.. :ph34r:

I second the TRX5 pipe. Very good all round pipe, and if ported correctly will even respond real well and give good top end.

And I don't usually get into the shit arguments, but as far as I have read, everyone should have something shitty to say about you Rscheprick! I think www.cocksuckersandscamartists.com is a more suitable place for you to hang out. I for one don't buy your bullshit and you still have the nerve to post and hang out here. I know better now, but if I got ripped off by your punk ass, I would hunt you down on principle alone no matter what the cost. Better watch who you fuck w/homie, someone will eventually take it very seriously and you are going to wish you never fucked around.

I appologize to you trail rider for mucking up your thread over this Joker, but I couldn't contain myself.

I have a couple of buddies that run esr stuff and love it. They say if you call him up and tell him what you want to do, he'll make it happen. Both of their bikes run strong. One runs the trx5 and the other is either trx11 or 12 not sure, both have his porting also. If you're running trails I'd agree with the others that said trx5.

Ok, I think i've decided on either a bill's pipe/sliencer or a esr trx5 pipe (with a bills sliencer, the esr is too high). But at the moment Im kinda leaning toward the bills cause I can get it from magic racing for $180, where as the esr is $250 on their site. And im pretty sure the saying, "you get what you pay for" definately applies to this. but I run bills pipes on the banshee and they perform and sound great, so Im guessing that a bills pipe would be just as good for the 250r, cause just like with with the stock banshee pipes, any aftermarket pipe would be better than the stock 250r pipe.

so does anyone have any experience with the bills pipe? and I dont know if this matters, but I really dont ever plan on getting it ported, even though it would probably wake this thing up alot.

i would have to agree as a R owner ,, id go with sparks or esr tx5 unless u drag then 11, ftz sucks,dont care for lrd or duncan racing on there pipes if u want a cheaper pipe that would give u tons of bottom and mid .. id even go with an fmf fatty, there not a bad R pipe!dont buy bills!!!! there cheap but suck,, u pay for quality!!!!

Edited by 2bzy2p

i would have to agree as a R owner ,, id go with sparks or esr tx5 unless u drag then 11, ftz sucks,dont care for lrd or duncan racing on there pipes if u want a cheaper pipe that would give u tons of bottom and mid .. id even go with an fmf fatty, there not a bad R pipe!dont buy bills!!!! there cheap but suck,, u pay for quality!!!!

i agree, duncan racing and suck me 7 ways to sunday :yankyank:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally decided on a pipe and ended up ordering a esr trx 11 pipe, just got it this evenin and had just enough time before it got dark to put it on and ride it, but my jetting is kinda off, its really rich on the bottom end and a little rich on the top end. But holy shit I have never seen a 2 stroke pipe as fat as this one :baseball_w00t: . It was a really tight fit with my fmf sliencer and the front right tire rubs when I turn it sharp, and the mounting tab on the esr pipe didnt work where it was supose to, but I got er rigged up :thumb:

and as for the test ride, its alot louder and has a pretty mean sounding ping to it, and it sorta has a banshee type light switch powerband now, got a decent hit in the mid range and just keeps pulling from there, but it is still no where close to pulling like the shee :wink: and I still have pretty good low end also, but this thing should really open up once I get it jetted a tad leaner.