v-force 3 reeds

race-a-holic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. It's in there. Would it help to take it out? Right now I have the stock reeds in it, and it works great!

fuck yea thats your problem....its clearly printed on your instructions. Did you ever wonder why there is two washers and two nuts? Take the stock reed cages and stock intakes and then put the washers between them. Then put the bolt that bolts the two to the cylinders threw them and put the nut on the back. Then use a hack saw and cut off that lip. Its good the read the instructions on everything even if its little easy to fuck up on stuff like that.

modintake.jpg

According to Duncan, the Pyramid reeds need to be changed after every 10 hours of use. I've had a set of V-Force II's, ever since they came out, and have never had a problem with them, and I've only changed the reeds once. IMHO, you can't find a better reed set-up, than V-Force.

fuck yea thats your problem....its clearly printed on your instructions. Did you ever wonder why there is two washers and two nuts? Take the stock reed cages and stock intakes and then put the washers between them. Then put the bolt that bolts the two to the cylinders threw them and put the nut on the back. Then use a hack saw and cut off that lip. Its good the read the instructions on everything even if its little easy to fuck up on stuff like that.

modintake.jpg

Whats wrong with the aluminum spacer i used instead of cutting the intake?

Whats wrong with the aluminum spacer i used instead of cutting the intake?

the intake has a piece that sticks out and slides into the stock reeds...the VF3 reeds wont fit with that piece sticking out seeing as they have a circular opening and the stock reeds have a square opening to fit that piece into...even though you put those reed spacers in there that piece sticking out of the intake is most likely touching the reed petals and causing them to fray and move around

the intake has a piece that sticks out and slides into the stock reeds...the VF3 reeds wont fit with that piece sticking out seeing as they have a circular opening and the stock reeds have a square opening to fit that piece into...even though you put those reed spacers in there that piece sticking out of the intake is most likely touching the reed petals and causing them to fray and move around

The spacer goes between the intake and reed cage spacing the intake far enough away from the reedcage so you dont have to cut the flanges off the intake. Nothing but air and fuel are touching the reed pedals. Plus you couldnt stuff the rubber flanges in the reed cage if you wanted to, much less bolt it up or run the thing.

The spacer goes between the intake and reed cage spacing the intake far enough away from the reedcage so you dont have to cut the flanges off the intake. Nothing but air and fuel are touching the reed pedals. Plus you couldnt stuff the rubber flanges in the reed cage if you wanted to, much less bolt it up or run the thing.

If you don't follow the instructions that V-Force provides, then I can't see where you have room to complain about them not lasting, or working very good. I bought an aluminum intake, and had to have the flanges machined off of the intake, so that I could run the V-Force's. If V-Force thought that a spacer would work between the intakes, and the cages, they would have put that as an option, in the instructions. :baseball_wibble:

hmm excuse what I said about the intake piece rubbing against the petals, i forget that the VF3's have a circular opening and the VF2's have a square opening.

The stuffer I was refering to is a plastic peice that mounts inside of the cage. Its square and has a circle cut in the middle. I wish I had a picture of one. Its not part of the intake manifold.

I know what your talking about it is in there. Thanks

Edited by MFIC

If you don't follow the instructions that V-Force provides, then I can't see where you have room to complain about them not lasting, or working very good. I bought an aluminum intake, and had to have the flanges machined off of the intake, so that I could run the V-Force's. If V-Force thought that a spacer would work between the intakes, and the cages, they would have put that as an option, in the instructions. :baseball_wibble:

The only reason I used the spacer is the shop I bought the reeds from recomended it. So I stared to look at the spacer and the cage a little closer. The spacer only comes in contact with the outer part of the cage, allowing the inner part to move around. It would appear this excessive movement is causing the reeds to frey and chip. It appears when you cut the intake properly, as recomended, the cut section of the intake flange presses on the innner and outer part of the cage equally. I believe I have found my problem. I will give it a try and see what good can come of it. Therefore, I retract my comment about the V-Froce 3's.

The only reason I used the spacer is the shop I bought the reeds from recomended it. So I stared to look at the spacer and the cage a little closer. The spacer only comes in contact with the outer part of the cage, allowing the inner part to move around. It would appear this excessive movement is causing the reeds to frey and chip. It appears when you cut the intake properly, as recomended, the cut section of the intake flange presses on the innner and outer part of the cage equally. I believe I have found my problem. I will give it a try and see what good can come of it. Therefore, I retract my comment about the V-Froce 3's.

I'm glad that you found your problem, and hopefully got everything taken care of. Hopefully my comments didn't come across as me being rude, because that's not what I intended. If you have your problem solved, I'm pretty sure you will love the way the V-Force's perform. When I put mine in, and I hadn't made any other changes to the motor, I could tell they made the throttle response better, and the HP seemed to be a little better. Good luck.

I'm glad that you found your problem, and hopefully got everything taken care of. Hopefully my comments didn't come across as me being rude, because that's not what I intended. If you have your problem solved, I'm pretty sure you will love the way the V-Force's perform. When I put mine in, and I hadn't made any other changes to the motor, I could tell they made the throttle response better, and the HP seemed to be a little better. Good luck.

No offense taken im thick skined. Your comments made me look at why they have you cut the intake and put more thought into it so thank you. Unfortunitly i will not know how they will work untill i i get my Duncan Racing Midrange ported cylinders on ( scored them and a cool head for $300.00 and my stock cylinders from a friend who wants drag port).. So for now it sits in the garage waiting.

• 1 month later...