v-force 3 reeds

race-a-holic

:notworthy:

it doesnt take a pro to install reeds in fact its very easy. i believe v force reed are the most complete POS reeds on the market. i could go on about them but they speak for them selves..

why would they manufacture a reed that could be modified for more performance?? doesnt make sense..

do the best for your bike and buy a set of PYRAMID reeds. talk to loren or lenny duncan about v force. what a fucking joke :flush:

I've had the pyramids and I wasn't impressed at all. And I've talked to Loren and Lenny many times. Infact I had to send them back to duncan because the cage itself was distorted and wouldn't let the reeds lay flat on the cage. This was after only about 20 hrs of use. Dont get me wrong I really like the guys over at duncan, probably some of the best tech support I ever had. I just dont like their reed cages. I think there is ALOT better out there for alot better price.

Edited by fouledout2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't the Duncan's badmouth the v-forces???? I am sure if you call Toomey, they will tell you to call FMF or CPI because their product is better right?

The main differences between the two are the snap together design, rather than the screws, and the reeds on the 3's are now symmetrical, so you don't have to have two different size reeds for replacement any more.

Edited by sheefreak

it doesnt take a pro to install reeds in fact its very easy. i believe v force reed are the most complete POS reeds on the market. i could go on about them but they speak for them selves..

why would they manufacture a reed that could be modified for more performance?? doesnt make sense..

do the best for your bike and buy a set of PYRAMID reeds. talk to loren or lenny duncan about v force. what a fucking joke :flush:

The only thing you could really do to the v force cages is just grind them down to match the intake. Since the stock intakes have a square opening amd the vforce are a circle, a little bit of the fuel is gonna get pushed back. The vforce will still be an improvement, but they can make more power if they're matched to the intake. Or you could just buy some intakes that are made for the reeds.

124c0hx.jpg

124c280.jpg

Somebody on planetsand dyno'd a bunch of reed cages together on the same bike and posted the results. Blue is vforce2, red are the G3 cages, green are FMF ram valves, purple are the pyramids and the last ones are modified stockers with carbon fiber reeds.

124en88.jpg

Here's a link to the thread http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...&Number=216493&

For the record. I'm not trying to argue or call you out. Normally I wouldn't post, but I just thought this info would be good if a newbie happened to stumble on this thread through a search or something.

na thats some good info thanks for posting it .... its just what there made from. maybe they have improved since i ran them. if you compare the pyramids to the stock reed cage then you can see how simular they are but the pyramids open on four sides. what more do you need. also my bike isnt built for the highest hp just the most reliable and with a broad power band. the v forces seem to be for a top end motor

Edited by DRI4life

Actually....CC...

If you call Cascade, they carry the square type plug ins for the V Force reeds.

I'm actually ordering a set today, they're 5 bucks each...plus shipping.

They said they normally use them for the 1 into 2 carb system, but...they'll sell 'em anyways...

Actually....CC...

They said they normally use them for the 1 into 2 carb system, but...they'll sell 'em anyways...

I got a set from them last week. They fit great and match my intakes perfect.

I was looking for a dyno comparision with different cages to see how my pyramids actually did.. I didn't

didn't realize it would be that bad... A moded stock cage did better.. Thanks for that info.

Edited by fouledout2

na thats some good info thanks for posting it .... its just what there made from. maybe they have improved since i ran them. if you compare the pyramids to the stock reed cage then you can see how simular they are but the pyramids open on four sides. what more do you need. also my bike isnt built for the highest hp just the most reliable and with a broad power band. the v forces seem to be for a top end motor

The vforce made more torque and hp over pyrimad there are the numbers. My vforce 3's should be here any day now.

Actually....CC...

I didn't know that. Sounds much better and easier than hacking up the cages. Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

I had V-Force 3 reeds on my shee and had nothing but problems. The pedals kept fraying and moving around. I bought a new set put them in and had the same problem. I wont be using anything made by them after this, big waste of money.

I had V-Force 3 reeds on my shee and had nothing but problems. The pedals kept fraying and moving around. I bought a new set put them in and had the same problem. I wont be using anything made by them after this, big waste of money.

did you take out the stuffer?